Drabblecast 159 - Intelligent Design

Discuss episodes and stories from the Drabblecast Main Feed and from Drabbleclassics
moonowl

Re: Drabblecast 159- Intelligent Design by Ellen Klages

Post by moonowl » Sun Apr 18, 2010 4:27 pm

normsherman wrote: Hehe I knew I didn't have a shot in hell doing an intro about God/Intelligent Design without ruffling feathers on one side or the other. :P
I'm not ruffled. Just the general lack of knowledge some (not you) have on this subject and science in general makes me want to blow chunks.
Indeed. I think people who argue for design (unless they take the Bible literally) don't necessarily dispute the process of natural selection and evolution, but see these as elaborate mechanisms that reflect beginning with end in mind.
I know scientists who are religious that think this. Or they think a creator just put the mechanisms into place and stood back to see what would happen. I can accept this. I don't know how life began either.

I can't accept the rejection of evolution as a biological mechanism. It makes me want to pick up a Louisville and go smacky. That evolution happens is so blatantly obvious, denying it is as absurd as walking outside at night and commenting how the Lord has made such a bright sunny day.

In the end, for me it's not just that people believe in something I disagree with. They have to bring it to school boards, universities, museums and funding sources and places none of this belongs. I taught geology and sciences to city kids, and not once did I set up shop in the lobby of a church. It's damaging to the development of medicine and biology and people's personal woo has no place there.

Unless it's Choadsworth. *fangirl sigh* He can woo all over.
You can't keep a soul in a box. You gotta wear it proud. It's gotta be yours, not someone else's. -Sing

themorg

Post by themorg » Sun Apr 18, 2010 10:31 pm

ROU Killing Time wrote:You had four fathers? No wonder you are so strange and fit in so well here.
what you guys do not have 4 fathers?
Drabbillus Haventnpigeonholdhimus
http://www.drabblesbymorg.blogspot.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false

jannypie

Post by jannypie » Mon Apr 19, 2010 1:41 am

Greatly enjoyed the story and the reading of it.

Obviously the universe was created by Norm Sherman, how else could you explain all the weird crap in the world?
----
Reality is stranger than fiction... except on The Drabblecast.

G. E. Lee

Post by G. E. Lee » Mon Apr 19, 2010 8:23 pm

Nicely done. I actually didn't get past the first minute when Podcastle ran it, so kudos on the production. Fun stuff.
mogera robusta

Phenopath

Post by Phenopath » Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:41 pm

jannypie wrote:Greatly enjoyed the story and the reading of it.

Obviously the universe was created by Norm Sherman, how else could you explain all the weird crap in the world?
Norm moves in mysterious ways.
Phenopath's Story Archive
The Dribblecast, we don't care if you sound like an idiot.

Roarke's Juror

Post by Roarke's Juror » Tue Apr 20, 2010 4:05 am

Have to say I didn't really gel with this one. It seemed like a one-trick pony and although the voice was good, the story didn't do anything other than punch the "God is a mischievous child" button.

Liked the Drabble though.

tbaker2500
Site Admin

Post by tbaker2500 » Tue Apr 20, 2010 4:47 am

This was one awesome episode, on so many levels. Norm's intro was the bee's knees, and the story was just so much fun.
You're my quasi-ichthian angel, you're my half-amphibian queen...

The Dribblecast, we don't care if you sound like an idiot.

Farseeker

Post by Farseeker » Wed Apr 28, 2010 2:29 am

I'm really surprised to see the extent of discussion on this story. I thought it was cute, but not much more.
I never could get the hang of Thursdays.

Raptor Redux

Post by Raptor Redux » Wed Apr 28, 2010 3:16 am

Well it must strike a chord in us. God as a child in love with beetles. Something interesting to mull over on a spring day...

Unblinking

Post by Unblinking » Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:40 pm

I heard it first over at Podcastle. I thought it was cute, but sort of blew its punchline right at the beginning with the quote. From the quite it was obvious what was going to happen. If the quote'd been removed, or moved to the end, the story would've stood up better on its own.

Varda
Connor Choadsworth Defender

Re: Drabblecast 159 - Intelligent Design

Post by Varda » Sun Oct 20, 2013 12:53 am

I never thought I'd say this about a story whose protagonist is God, but... SQUEEEE! :mrgreen:
Medical Microfiction: Stories about Science

Drabblescout Badges:
Merits: Twabble Author (5), Drabble Author (4), DRIP Slave Volunteer (2), Whittling (1), Macaroni Crafts (2)
Demerits: Redd*t Rouser (2), Whittler's Mother (6)