Drabblecast 041 - Set Another Place at the Table...

Discuss episodes and stories from the Drabblecast Main Feed and from Drabbleclassics
normsherman
Site Admin

Post by normsherman » Sun Dec 09, 2007 1:12 am

Indeed. And once the larval stage of the Norm clone is complete it drops from the pimple and into the soil where it finishes its lifecycle.
Just wait till the virus becomes airborn...
"Give us all some Jelly"

strawman

Post by strawman » Sun Dec 09, 2007 1:48 am

So that's what's happening when people pop their zits?

Mr. Tweedy

Post by Mr. Tweedy » Sun Dec 09, 2007 3:35 am

Wow. I just laughed so hard my wife ran in to make sure I was okay. Apparently, I sounded like I was dying.

Being slowly eating alive by tiny clones of Norm Sherman...
Advertise in this space!

luketc

Post by luketc » Mon Dec 10, 2007 2:52 am

Thanks Tom! I had day dreamed through that scenario so many times while driving through Virginia that the story wrote itself.

Its good to know that you guys are dipping that far back into the archives, too. We've been trying to figure out a way to highlight some old stories, maybe a "DrabbleClassic" inset towards the top of the web page or something.

Out of curiosity, how does everyone in this forum access their Drabble? Through the web page, iTunes . . .?

Mr. Tweedy

Post by Mr. Tweedy » Mon Dec 10, 2007 5:10 pm

iTunes for everything. Listening to anything through a browser is a pain.

Speaking of which, would it be possible to provide a direct link to the archived files, as opposed to having them stream through a QuickTime player? If I could simply download an audio file, I could add archived episodes to an iTunes playlist without much hassle.
Advertise in this space!

Graham

Post by Graham » Thu Dec 13, 2007 4:32 pm

Just catching up on my drabble listening. I enjoyed this one, there is always time in my life for a story about a zit that comes alive!

I'd also say that Norms performance made it all the more enjoyable too.

In reply to Luketc, I tend to get my podcasts through itunes.

tbaker2500
Site Admin

Post by tbaker2500 » Fri Dec 14, 2007 6:23 am

Well I started podcasting via iTunes beginning with ep 12. So it wasn't too hard to listen to the back episodes. But I certainly agree, putting download links to the stories would let folks take back episodes with them on their ipods.
You're my quasi-ichthian angel, you're my half-amphibian queen...

The Dribblecast, we don't care if you sound like an idiot.

Atricaudatus

Post by Atricaudatus » Sun Jun 07, 2009 3:03 pm

I realize I'm rather late weighing in on this one; but I only recently discovered the wondrous weirdness that is the Drabblecast.

Spent the last many hours roaming aimlessly about in the archives, thoroughly enjoying (nearly all) of the episodes. Norm, you and the team are brilliantly talented.

Oh, nearly forgot why I am posting.

Norm asked if anyone ever responded to, or messed about with the email scammers of the sort he read from. Yes. In fact there is a fellow in the UK who has made quite a sport of it. His website archives are full of some hilarious examplesof his efforts.

normsherman
Site Admin

Post by normsherman » Sun Jun 07, 2009 11:53 pm

Thanks Atricaudatus!
Welcome to the party, we surely can never have enough hard-to-pronounce names.
"Give us all some Jelly"

Talia

Post by Talia » Mon Jun 08, 2009 4:22 am

Weirdly..

So I've been trying to catch up with the drabblecast back episodes, of which I have quite a few to catch upon.

I discerned that more or less I'd left off in the late 30's, episode-wise, and resumed listening, henceforth, via this episode.

I'd been thinking about the current nigerian spam contest even before I downloaded the episode. so when it started to play out.. Just very odd and amusing timing for me, personally. I was literally thinking of the contest when the drabble morphed into a spam story. Took a few shakings of the head to come to terms with it.. hehheh.

sandrilde

Re: Drabblecast 041 - Set Another Place at the Table...

Post by sandrilde » Fri Apr 05, 2013 2:17 pm

Can't say I loved this story... gross premise plus...I have to say I have a deep prejudice against alien impregnation stories. Not that we're told this is necessarily ALIEN impregnation, but it's definitely in that vein.

If it's birthed through the face... Why does the MC need to be a woman? Part of why I hate alien impregnation stories is because they (repeatedly, constantly, incessantly) portray woman in the mother/birthing role. Since this pimple apparently does NOT require human wombs or eggs to spawn, could have been a male host. Just saying.

The mother images seemed odd, anyway, since it seems far more like a parasite planted in a host.

Oh, well, it's no Halloween episode but then I guess not every episode can be!