Drabblecast 199 - In the Octopus's Garden

Discuss episodes and stories from the Drabblecast Main Feed and from Drabbleclassics
moonowl

Re: Drabblecast 199 - In the Octopus's Garden

Post by moonowl » Wed Mar 23, 2011 6:12 pm

Another love for this story! Great imagery, fun and creepy premise. Really like the ep. art and Drabble too!
You can't keep a soul in a box. You gotta wear it proud. It's gotta be yours, not someone else's. -Sing

NoNotRogov

Post by NoNotRogov » Wed Mar 30, 2011 1:37 am

As a Lovecraft fan, I'm fond of the stories that neutrally, dispassionately describe an alien phenomenon - with the gradual realization of its consequences and scope building into mounting existential dread. In the Octopus' Garden was just like that, if you replace the horror with an Agatha Christie murder mystery, the murder mystery with one in which the corpse solves his own murder, and everything I just said with a story about a guy who disperses his intellect into fish and water after watching an attractive backside for days on end.
All us perks who got our brains skew-fried, would carry inside till the day we true-died, a distributed web of spurting nerve gaps, that made us want to rhyme out our urb raps - RiboFunk, Paul Di Filippo

tbaker2500
Site Admin

Post by tbaker2500 » Wed Mar 30, 2011 1:41 am

Welcome to the forums, NoNot!
You're my quasi-ichthian angel, you're my half-amphibian queen...

The Dribblecast, we don't care if you sound like an idiot.