Drabblecast 032 - The Warden's Last Day

Discuss episodes and stories from the Drabblecast Main Feed and from Drabbleclassics
StalinSays
Beast-Master

Drabblecast 032 - The Warden's Last Day

Post by StalinSays » Tue Sep 13, 2011 8:16 am

Feature: The Warden's Last Day by Anden Sharp

October 3, 2007
"It was 11 at night, and only a few shouts of men in the lifer block penetrated the concrete walls of death row. My name is Michael Zlocinac, and I am a warden of U.S. Federal Penitentiary at Magdalena, New Mexico..."

Art by Bo Kaier
Instagram: @Bokaier | Twitter: @BoKaier | Vine: @BoKaier | Tumblr: bokaier.tumblr.com

sandrilde

Re: Drabblecast 032 - The Warden's Last Day

Post by sandrilde » Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:42 pm

The subject matter is serious - justice for war criminals - but the story itself had so many holes that I can't be bothered to type them all up here.

I'll just mention the first one I thought of while listening - the likelihood that in the near future world (say 30-40 years from now), the U.S. will be the last country on Earth to ban the death penalty is extremely unlikely. There are so many more countries likely to hold on to it far longer than us. There are countries where people are put to death for far less severe crimes than here in the U.S. So, no.

Anyway - sorry but I thought this was a terrible story that relied on a serious subject matter to carry it. Maybe Norm felt the need for some balance after all the poop stories recently posted....... Who knows.