Drabblecast 219 - The Big Splash

Discuss episodes and stories from the Drabblecast Main Feed and from Drabbleclassics
tbaker2500
Site Admin

Re: Drabblecast 219 - The Big Splash

Post by tbaker2500 » Sat Oct 22, 2011 4:30 am

Mr.Shadowbxre wrote:and I've been waiting a month and a half to see a new episode. Guess I should have tryed the new address rather than waiting for the old one. :roll:
Congrats on the fame!
Can I ask what podcatcher your are using to listen? I need to track down why you didn't get the new episodes in your feed. (Or did you just visit the website to listen?)
You're my quasi-ichthian angel, you're my half-amphibian queen...

The Dribblecast, we don't care if you sound like an idiot.

alhilton

Post by alhilton » Mon Oct 24, 2011 3:51 am

Aw, the Charlotte's Web reference was perfect, Norm! Both after the spider story and the main feature. You excel at weird, but fitting juxtaposition. Any child who loved to torture themselves with that movie will get it instantly.

I once owned a black plastic rat named Templeton.
http://cowrycatchers.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false
http://panamindorah.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false

Mr.Shadowbxre

Post by Mr.Shadowbxre » Tue Oct 25, 2011 6:36 am

I just use Itunes for the feed. Been lazy lately and haven't opened it up for some time. I just happened to look at the site to see if anything new had oozed onto the page.
The alien horde had finally halted. Our sonic weapons had worked. Their battle cry was no more. "Yep yep yep yep, uh huh!"
---------------------------

Mr.Shadowbxre

Post by Mr.Shadowbxre » Mon Nov 07, 2011 3:57 am

Btw Bo, Thanks for the extra bit of Props in the links section. Nice to see you put in some links to Darpers and Dripers. :)
The alien horde had finally halted. Our sonic weapons had worked. Their battle cry was no more. "Yep yep yep yep, uh huh!"
---------------------------

El Barto

Post by El Barto » Tue Nov 08, 2011 6:05 am

So, here's the deal. Pretty much anything that gets advertised on the Drabblecast I'm going to buy. Kinda just on principle, to support my favorite peeps and all the crazy strange goodness they bring to life. But also because everything that Norm promos turns out to be worth it. So far. (No Snuggies.)

In addition, I *really* liked the excerpt from "You Shall Never Know Security" and am looking forward to reading it tomorrow night in my hotel room. Hopefully it won't be so haunting as to impact the sleep I'll need before spending the following day having my heart monitored while taking part in a pretty cool NASA study. Maybe I should read it when I get back...

And as for the Big Splash, I liked it for all the same reasons you did.

tbaker2500
Site Admin

Post by tbaker2500 » Tue Nov 08, 2011 4:11 pm

El Barto wrote:In addition, I *really* liked the excerpt from "You Shall Never Know Security" and am looking forward to reading it tomorrow night in my hotel room. Hopefully it won't be so haunting as to impact the sleep I'll need before spending the following day having my heart monitored while taking part in a pretty cool NASA study. Maybe I should read it when I get back...
:D :D :D :D
That's funny!
You're my quasi-ichthian angel, you're my half-amphibian queen...

The Dribblecast, we don't care if you sound like an idiot.

Richmazzer

Post by Richmazzer » Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:26 pm

Picked up a copy of the book too, am enjoying it. The stories are more hits than misses so far and the author does have a unique and likable style of writing.

Feature story this week wasn't my thing. I was confused by the random sex scene until reading strawman's comment on ordinarification (nice word!) which seems to make sense now. That casts the story in a different light now, whereas before I felt like there were just a bunch of weird random things happening. Still, nothing I could find relatable so had a hard time getting pulled in.

But YES, the Charlotte's Web reference was subtle and awesome.

Kibitzer

Post by Kibitzer » Fri Dec 09, 2011 3:49 am

Enjoyed this story very much, it has a bittersweet, end-of-an-era quality. The dog dying... well, I'm quite a dog person and that always gets to me.

Sorry for being OT there for a moment -- the new website is great ;-)