Drabblecast 033 - Dessert Storm

Discuss episodes and stories from the Drabblecast Main Feed and from Drabbleclassics
Talia

Drabblecast 033 - Dessert Storm

Post by Talia » Fri Feb 06, 2009 5:01 am

Dessert Storm by Paul Neads & Chris Newbold

Art by Bo Kaier

Just wanted to throw a discussion thread up here since there wasn't one. This was such a wonderful story, though its from years ago (ish), its well worth bringing to light. I highly recommend this if you havent listened to it yet.

Im a fairly recent regular drabblecast listener so I have a lot of archived episodes to go through. I took this one for a drive the other day and I am so glad I did. I found this absolutely hilarious. Very much literally "laugh out loud" funny. This is likely at least partially because I'm a gamer myself. Hehe. The ending was just fantastic, deliciously tongue in cheek. There was much chortling. :) I intend to link this episode to all my gamer friends. :)

Liked the drabble too. Definitely noirish. :)

tbaker2500
Site Admin

Post by tbaker2500 » Sat Feb 07, 2009 2:34 am

There are some really good comedic episodes in the DC. This one, and Pumpkinseeds come to mind.(No, really! I do think Pumpkinseeds was one of the funnier episodes! Can't get the camera out of his trunk...)

All gamers need to be able to laugh at themselves, and this story did an excellent job with it. After watching Norm at dragoncon, I'm left with the question- is Norm a gamer or not? I bet he'd kick ass in a Wushu campaign. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wushu_(role-playing_game)
You're my quasi-ichthian angel, you're my half-amphibian queen...

The Dribblecast, we don't care if you sound like an idiot.

tastycakes

Post by tastycakes » Sat Feb 07, 2009 5:50 am

TB, let me rest your mind by saying you never want to get into a game with Norm. One, if you happen to find a game that will keep his attention for more than 5 mins (Risk or Poker), he is likely to cheat in the 6th minute. Other than that, he loves playing video games that were popular 7 to 8 years ago.
One day he will look into what a ‘stigmata’ really is; for now, it is his trump card for getting out of work. He simply says ‘stigmata’ and they say ‘shit, hope you feel better soon.’ End of story.

tbaker2500
Site Admin

Post by tbaker2500 » Sat Feb 07, 2009 4:48 pm

Hee hee...
That's why Wushu could be perfect for him. It's a role-playing system where the success of every action you take is based on how well you describe it in flamboyant detail. Let the BS fly.

So if his attention span is so short, how did he do well with music?
You're my quasi-ichthian angel, you're my half-amphibian queen...

The Dribblecast, we don't care if you sound like an idiot.

sandrilde

Re: Drabblecast 033 - Dessert Storm

Post by sandrilde » Thu Apr 04, 2013 9:06 pm

Silly.