Page 2 of 3

Posted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 4:44 am
by devora
Can't wait to hear the Bdardle. I keep falling asleep during the story so never get to the end. Can I hear the phrase sub-quantum one more time, oh yeah.

Oh, I wish I could see the fun in this story, as so many of ya'll do. I shall search again.

Great reading and production, as always.

Bard

Posted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 6:31 pm
by guitardel
Phenomenal episode, perhaps my favorite. Norm, the song was out of the park.

Posted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 1:46 pm
by Phenopath
Love it, this was a great story, which has followed a great run of episodes.

Initially I had thought; construct a multi-billio dollar probe to go back in time and investigate the tower of babel - why bother? Ah, to battle the demon controlling the human race though sub-quantum mind control.

I also liked the claim that the demon was the champion of a mighty gods versus demons deathmatch.

yessuh

Posted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 6:53 pm
by StalinSays
That mighty Gods vs. Demon Deathmatch could really use its own prequel treatment. Sure, it might damage the considered, poignant tone of the larger arc, but it would be really damn cool. Shiv the Destroyer and Gilgamesh couldn't have gone down without a fight!

Re: yessuh

Posted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 11:03 pm
by tastycakes
StalinSays wrote:That mighty Gods vs. Demon Deathmatch could really use its own prequel treatment. Sure, it might damage the considered, poignant tone of the larger arc, but it would be really damn cool. Shiv the Destroyer and Gilgamesh couldn't have gone down without a fight!

As long as all of this takes place in the steel-cage arena of the human mind, which is where gods were originally created and displaced.

Re: yessuh

Posted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 2:45 am
by Mr. Tweedy
tastycakes wrote:As long as all of this takes place in the steel-cage arena of the human mind, which is where gods were originally created and displaced.
Hence the migraine. I bet you never knew that throbbing pain was proof of pantheism.

Re: yessuh

Posted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 6:58 am
by tbaker2500
Mr. Tweedy wrote:
tastycakes wrote:As long as all of this takes place in the steel-cage arena of the human mind, which is where gods were originally created and displaced.
Hence the migraine. I bet you never knew that throbbing pain was proof of pantheism.
I love you guys. Not many places where such a statement seems totally appropriate and funny.

So I was playing Norm's CD at work today. My business partner Alex stated: "There is something seriously wrong with that man." I think it was a compliment!

Re: yessuh

Posted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 7:14 am
by normsherman
tbaker2500 wrote:
I love you guys. Not many places where such a statement seems totally appropriate and funny.
Amen. Vive le Drabblecast.
tbaker2500 wrote: So I was playing Norm's CD at work today. My business partner Alex stated: "There is something seriously wrong with that man." I think it was a compliment!
Hearing that makes it all worth while.

Drabblecast 109

Posted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 6:30 am
by Norma Sherman
wow what beautiful writing... i have to say that both david levine's story and norm's bbardle were two of the best things I've heard on DC so far- and both on one episode? it must be my birthday... if only there was a cute music video of norm to go along with the song... then it would be better than my birthday- it would be like christmas!


:wink:

Posted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 7:32 pm
by Poppydragon
Been really busy, but got totally hooked and lost half an hour today listening to this. Wonderful. Beautifully written, superbly produced and narrated. Wow.

Thank you lots for this one :D

Posted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 10:29 pm
by AynSavoy
Mr. Tweedy wrote:I had actually assumed the opposite. When the people weren't talking, I inferred that it must be because they were all psychic and had no need to speak. The probe's discovery of quantum communication confirmed that theory, so I was somewhat surprised when the demon showed up.

I figured that the probe was going to accidentally screw up the psychic communication, making it necessary for the people to speak, which would then be the origin of the "babel." Thus, by trying to learn about his own origins, man would accidentally set himself back 5000 years.
This is essentially where I was expecting the story to go, so I was a little thrown by the introduction of the demon, but no biggie. I loved this story; it kept me awake while driving through rural Texas at 7:30am!

Favorite line from the ep: "Hammurabi wrote a law code just so he break it." :D

Posted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 4:37 pm
by Mr. Tweedy
AynSavoy wrote:it kept me awake while driving through rural Texas at 7:30am!
Did you see any secessionists? :wink:

Posted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 6:14 pm
by treeman
Let me just throw in my very late agreement that this episode takes the cake for story, production, bbardle and all around awesomeness. The story was already on the right track with the neat sub-quantum time travel technology investigating ancient mysteries, then you throw in a fight with a demon (?)... floored me. And the music really enhanced it. Song was great.

Posted: Thu May 28, 2009 12:33 pm
by FNH
To put it simply.

Totally Cool!

Great Story

Posted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 1:26 pm
by DougallStrange
I love this story. an excellent example of the Observer Effect. And then Babylon Battle of the Bands Freakin Awesome.

Re: Drabblecast 109 - Babel Probe by David Levine

Posted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 3:23 am
by swamp
Truly, this was a materpiece. First, David Levine's story just blew me away. I love the scriptural setting with a high tech sub atomic robot. From the POV to the time travel science to the "holy crap this tiny robot just took on a demon" to the effect it had on humankind.

So I'm reeling from the story, and then Norm comes in and says we should make dorky bracelets that say "What would ChronExplorer2009 do?" It just wiped me out. Only to be followed by the Bbardle. This is one of the best podcast episodes I have listened to. If there is any justice in the world, Babel Probe will take the Challice of Glory this year.

Re: Drabblecast 109 - Babel Probe by David Levine

Posted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 5:53 am
by Mr. Tweedy
swamp wrote:If there is any justice in the world, Babel Probe will take the Challice of Glory this year.
At last, an objective test! Yeah for science!

Re: Drabblecast 109 - Babel Probe by David Levine

Posted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 2:01 am
by JudithVictorious
This is one of the coolest time travel stories I've read recently. I kept waiting for it to get hokey, and instead I got totally drawn in to the perspective of a hyperintelligent mote of dust.

Babylon Battle of the Bands was the thing that finally dragged me to this website. I just had to get the mp3!

Re: Drabblecast 109 - Babel Probe by David Levine

Posted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 2:03 am
by tbaker2500
Welcome to the forums, Judith!

Re: Drabblecast 109 - Babel Probe by David Levine

Posted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 3:47 am
by guitardel
JudithVictorious wrote:This is one of the coolest time travel stories I've read recently. I kept waiting for it to get hokey, and instead I got totally drawn in to the perspective of a hyperintelligent mote of dust.

Babylon Battle of the Bands was the thing that finally dragged me to this website. I just had to get the mp3!
BBB is one of Norm's best. Glad you found the forums, and hope you enjoy DC.