Drabblecast 111 - Frequent Flier Miles

Discuss episodes and stories from the Drabblecast Main Feed and from Drabbleclassics
Talia

Post by Talia » Sat May 23, 2009 4:59 am

Super late to the party but I'm a few weeks behind..

Actually took me a few tries to get into the story because I kept getting distracted by the starting music, which I immidiately recognized as 'Shalom Alecheim,' which seems to be a common Jewish musical piece performed during Shabbats. Well, there's a story behind why I'm so familiar with it, but no point in getting into it, rather that I was taken aback to hear it, and it tied together two completely and utterly separate and different parts of my life. not in a bad way. It was just weird for me. Um. Anyway

Liked it and the music made a lot of sense when the guy revealed who he was. :)

and of course the bbardle was awesome.. although I had somewhat a different experience of it.. I've never seen the Barugon & Gamera movies, but I know someone who's two cats are named Barugon and Gamera, so I kinda mentally inserted them into the song instead..

hehe.

Unblinking

Re: Drabblecast 111- Frequent Flier Miles by Greg van Eekhou

Post by Unblinking » Wed Apr 06, 2011 5:29 pm

I admit I didn't really get it. I've near heard of the Wandering Jew--perhaps you have to be aware of the source material for this to be meaningful?

Varda
Connor Choadsworth Defender

Re: Drabblecast 111 - Frequent Flier Miles

Post by Varda » Tue Aug 27, 2013 12:49 am

This was a lovely little story. It captured that surreal anyone-could-be-here quality of airports, a place that was once filled by crossroads in old stories. And then you have 5-minute friendships, where you meet a fellow traveler and find yourselves having the sort of deep conversation you normally only have with your closest friends, knowing that in a few minutes or hours you'll never meet again. Something beautiful in how these two characters give just a little bit of aid to each other: one by giving, the other by accepting the offer.

Also, epic Bbardle. If there were an award for most sentimental use of the word "ass", we'd have our winner. They grow up too fast, indeed. 8)
Medical Microfiction: Stories about Science

Drabblescout Badges:
Merits: Twabble Author (5), Drabble Author (4), DRIP Slave Volunteer (2), Whittling (1), Macaroni Crafts (2)
Demerits: Redd*t Rouser (2), Whittler's Mother (6)