Drabblecast 274 – Amid The Words Of War

Discuss episodes and stories from the Drabblecast Main Feed and from Drabbleclassics
StalinSays
Beast-Master

Drabblecast 274 – Amid The Words Of War

Post by StalinSays » Sat Mar 09, 2013 2:57 am

Feature: Amid the Words of War by Cat Rambo
Drabble: Take Me To Your Leader by Eric Marsh
Genres: Drama Sci-Fi

Friday, March 8th, 2013
Every few day-cycles, it receives hate-scented lace in anonymous packages. It opens the bland plastic envelope to pull one out, holding the delicate fragment between two forelimbs. Contemplating it before folding it again to put away in a drawer. Four drawers filled so far; the fifth is halfway there.

“Traitor,” say some of the smells, rotting fruit and acid. “Betrayer. Turncoat. One who eats their own young.” Others are simply soaked in emotion: hate and anger, and underneath the odor of fear. It lets the thoughts, the smells, the tastes fill it, set its own thoughts in motion. Then it goes downstairs and sits with the other whores, who make room uneasily for it.

Part of Women and Aliens Month.
Episode Art: Alyssa Suzumura

Twabble: “ She prayed, "On Earth as it is in Heaven." Sure enough, the Earth was soon a cold, airless void, full of lethal radiation. ” by Algernon Sydney is Dead
Last edited by Algernon Sydney is Dead on Thu Feb 13, 2014 6:43 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: "Standardize" format. Add or correct links.
Instagram: @Bokaier | Twitter: @BoKaier | Vine: @BoKaier | Tumblr: bokaier.tumblr.com

chemistryguy

Re: Drabblecast 274 – Amid The Words Of War

Post by chemistryguy » Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:24 pm

Cat, you have managed to make me feel sympathy for this creature and make me not want to be in the same room with it at the same time. The alien aspects of "it" and it's "brothers" were convincing enough to make me squirm with fascinated revulsion. I especially loved the idea of an invisible graffiti sprayed on images of "it" consisting of smells. I want to give "it" a hug and spend the next two hours in a scalding hot shower.

Also disturbing is the idea that the type of fetishism described is probably out there somewhere.

tbaker2500
Site Admin

Re: Drabblecast 274 – Amid The Words Of War

Post by tbaker2500 » Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:03 pm

Interesting story. #6 handled a bad situation with the best humility and grace it could muster.
You're my quasi-ichthian angel, you're my half-amphibian queen...

The Dribblecast, we don't care if you sound like an idiot.