Drabblecast 283 – The Man Who Drew Cats

Discuss episodes and stories from the Drabblecast Main Feed and from Drabbleclassics
Algernon Sydney is Dead

Re: Drabblecast 283 – The Man Who Drew Cats

Post by Algernon Sydney is Dead » Fri Jun 07, 2013 5:02 pm

tbaker2500 wrote:Side note: While I'm not insanely tall, I am 6'5" and named Tom. Coincidence? You decide!
That's why you haven't drawn any episode covers... You're not yet ready to kill us all! :shock:

Thankee Kindly. :P

(Drabblecast presents, as its last ever episode... The Ring. Episode art by Tom Baker)

normsherman
Site Admin

Post by normsherman » Fri Jun 07, 2013 5:18 pm

Algernon Sydney is Dead wrote:
(Drabblecast presents, as its last ever episode... The Ring. Episode art by Tom Baker)
:lol:
"Give us all some Jelly"

danthelawyer

Post by danthelawyer » Fri Jun 07, 2013 6:35 pm

Luca aged 7 wrote: Other feedback: please no more frank keys.
Oh, I'm so sorry you don't like Frank Key. He's really one of my favorite authors, and I can't get enough of him. Oh well.

Andrew Styles

Post by Andrew Styles » Mon Jun 10, 2013 3:50 am

I too, created an account solely to talk about this story! And man, do I love it! I listened to it twice.

The mood created by the author was superb. It was dark, somber, and beautiful. The writing was elegant, without being pretentious or preachy. Rather than focusing on the supernatural, it was more about emotions, and human feelings of the extreme. In a way, everyone can relate to a character in this story, whether it be the witness, struggling to understand, the man filled with sorrow, or the victim, everyone sees a little bit of themselves in this story. I will definitely listen to it more times! :mrgreen:

~Andrew
"If you must mount the gallows, give a jest to the crowd, a coin to the hangman, and make the drop with a smile on your lips" - Birgitte Silverbow

Check out my blog! http://www.musingsoftheteenagemind.wordpress.com

Algernon Sydney is Dead

Post by Algernon Sydney is Dead » Mon Jun 10, 2013 4:22 am

Welcome aboard, Andrew Styles!

PS: I'm a little disappointed that nobody's made any "Quick on the draw(ing)" jokes yet.

Andrew Styles

Post by Andrew Styles » Mon Jun 10, 2013 4:55 am

Algernon Sydney is Dead wrote:Welcome aboard, Andrew Styles!

PS: I'm a little disappointed that nobody's made any "Quick on the draw(ing)" jokes yet.
Glad to be onboard Algernon. I hope to have my first ever published work in the Drabblecast before the end of the month! A short story I'm working on. Anyway, off topic. Still ADORE this story!
"If you must mount the gallows, give a jest to the crowd, a coin to the hangman, and make the drop with a smile on your lips" - Birgitte Silverbow

Check out my blog! http://www.musingsoftheteenagemind.wordpress.com

Talia

Post by Talia » Wed Jun 19, 2013 1:59 pm

I just wanted to join the chorus of praise for this story. I found it very moving and I think it will stick with me a while. The atmosphere, the flavor of the story if you will, is what's lingering in my mind. It kind of got under my skin.

Also, poor Tom (of the story not the forums :D). I kind of want to take him home and bake him some cookies or something.