Drabblecast 318 – How They Tried to Talk Indian Tony Down

Discuss episodes and stories from the Drabblecast Main Feed and from Drabbleclassics
Algernon Sydney is Dead

Drabblecast 318 – How They Tried to Talk Indian Tony Down

Post by Algernon Sydney is Dead » Mon Mar 31, 2014 12:17 am

Feature: How They Tried to Talk Indian Tony Down by Kage Baker
Drabble: Can't Live by ChicagoMike
Genres: Sci-Fi

Sunday, March 30th, 2014
This happened about ten years ago, out at Tobin Farm.

Back in the sixties, somebody bought Tobin Farm for the purposes of holding a renaissance fair there during the summers. Off seasons it became a kind of commune for the people involved in putting on the fair. They lived modestly in sheds and trailers scattered on a hundred acres of oak wilderness back of the farm, collecting unemployment between fairs.

Episode Art: Kathleen Beckett

Twabble: “ Alarm forces Toad awake. He’s running late. Grabbing his keys there’s no thought of breakfast, he’d just eat on the fly. ” by Cumbrous&Unlovely

ChicagoMike

Re: Drabblecast 318 – How They Tried to Talk Indian Tony Dow

Post by ChicagoMike » Thu Apr 03, 2014 1:51 am

I was totally shocked to hear my drabble in this episode! Definitely enjoyed hearing it with Norm's voice and full audio production. Thanks, Drabblecast team!

danthelawyer

Post by danthelawyer » Mon Apr 14, 2014 7:54 am

Hm. Why no comments? This was great fun, and makes me miss poor Kage Baker.

Algernon Sydney is Dead

Post by Algernon Sydney is Dead » Mon Apr 14, 2014 8:56 am

Pick from the following menu:
  • It's been 2 weeks since the episode came out but DC subscribers seem to actually listen between 1 day and 6 weeks after an episode comes out. I'm a "regular" and it's currently taking DC and Bsides episodes 2 to 3 weeks to work through my iPod queue.
    (The delay can be even longer for people new to DC. We don't discourage "necro posting" here.)
  • DC feedback on this forum is not as robust as some other podcasts, with about the same listenership. Don't know why, but we've discussed theories elsewhere on this forum.
  • The story was enjoyable, but I can think of nothing worthwhile to post about it other than, "Me like-y, but I'm not otherwise moved by the story".
    I'm not gonna post that in story feedback (usually). If others feel the same way, they probably aren't moved to come here and post.

danthelawyer

Post by danthelawyer » Tue Apr 15, 2014 2:54 am

OK. Your first two points totally make sense, and I appreciate the info. I've not been an active forum participant, and probably never will be *that* active, but I felt moved to weigh in on this one more to honor Kage Baker's memory than because I was terribly moved by the story itself.

Which I guess goes to point number three: the story was a confection. As such, fun, but nothing momentous. Still, as such, quite successful, I thought. The world has room for lighthearted fun, right?

Algernon Sydney is Dead

Post by Algernon Sydney is Dead » Tue Apr 15, 2014 4:21 am

danthelawyer wrote:The world has room for lighthearted fun, right?
I dunno. That's not any socioeconomic group or "protected class" that I've ever heard of. :?

tbaker2500
Site Admin

Post by tbaker2500 » Mon Apr 21, 2014 3:39 am

I'm running a few weeks behind also.
I really didn't know what to make of this story! I enjoyed it, it was fun, but ask me to explain it? Can't. Very trippy. Good fun, just kinda left with a "what just happened here?" look on my face. :-)
You're my quasi-ichthian angel, you're my half-amphibian queen...

The Dribblecast, we don't care if you sound like an idiot.