Drabblecast 355 - Kiriki Grocery

Discuss episodes and stories from the Drabblecast Main Feed and from Drabbleclassics
Algernon Sydney is Dead

Drabblecast 355 - Kiriki Grocery

Postby Algernon Sydney is Dead » Wed Apr 08, 2015 1:42 am

Feature: Kiriki Grocery by Tory Hoke
No drabble for this episode.
Genres: Sci-Fi
Start of Drabblecast, People's Choice Award nominations announced.

Tuesday, April 7th, 2015
The last day of orientation at New Plymouth University, Work Placement called students up in pairs. Rhonda Morillo took the chair next to a big-boned blond girl--Deirdre, pretty sure--as their peer advisor announced their "exciting cultural opportunity": stocking shelves at Kiriki Grocery.

Episode Art: Tory Hoke
This story is a Drabblecast original.

Twabble: “ The Assassin's Wives Club threw her a party for her first kill. A small party with a small cake, that no one dared to touch. ” by Drewdidthis

Chairman Goodchild

Re: Drabblecast 355 - Kiriki Grocery

Postby Chairman Goodchild » Mon Apr 13, 2015 2:36 pm

Very cool, quirky story. Why wouldn't aliens have grocery stores very similar to our own? Makes sense, doesn't it? And if the aliens have money and grocery stores, then perhaps armed robbery is inevitable. Perhaps if humanity encountered alien life forms, we'd find them all a bit too familiar...

My only complaint is that I wasn't exactly sure what exactly Craterfox Block was. Perhaps I missed it, but I wasn't sure if it was on Earth or another planet. It seemed to be underground, but I'm not sure why that was either. Anyway, the author followed the rule of "show, don't tell", and that background information wasn't really important to the story anyway.

MartinForgeWorks

Re: Drabblecast 355 - Kiriki Grocery

Postby MartinForgeWorks » Mon Apr 27, 2015 4:43 am

Great story. Who knew grocery stores could be so interesting

Return to “Story Discussion - Main and Drabbleclassics”