Drabblecast 356 - An Exodus of Wings

Discuss episodes and stories from the Drabblecast Main Feed and from Drabbleclassics
Algernon Sydney is Dead

Drabblecast 356 - An Exodus of Wings

Postby Algernon Sydney is Dead » Fri Apr 17, 2015 5:55 am

Feature: An Exodus of Wings by Bonnie Jo Stufflebeam
No drabble for this episode.
Genres: Fantasy
Warning: Some adult themes and language

Friday, April 17th, 2015
Before Heidi came along, Michael did everything he could to keep the damn faeries out of his apartment. Every night he washed and dried his dishes, never left one dripping in the drying rack. Always fished the food particles from the drain, took the trash out, sealed his cereal in glass jars...

Produced by: Adam Pracht
Read by: Trendane Sparks and Ibba Armancas
Episode Art: Melissa McClanahan
This story first appeared in Daily Science Fiction, May 2013.

Twabble: “ The hair wasn't right. He turned it back to front and dabbed away blood. "Flawless," he said through the wet mouth-hole. ” by DrewDidThis

Desmond Warzel

Re: Drabblecast 356 - An Exodus of Wings

Postby Desmond Warzel » Sat Apr 18, 2015 7:40 pm

Do we have any idea who the female co-narrator was for this piece, or was she identified on the podcast and I just missed it?

acpracht

Postby acpracht » Tue Apr 21, 2015 6:41 am

Hi, Desmond,
This is Adam Pracht, the guest producer for this episode.
The female narrator in part 3 was Ibba Armancas. She does fantastic work and was even gracious enough to provide several of the sound effects in part one (namely, the laugh from the shower and the "tense breathing" you might have noticed.)
I'd also like to point out that I was not the male narrator. That was the work of Trendane Sparks, and I can't hope to have a voice like his.
Hope you enjoyed the story. If you haven't already, I highly recommend trying to listen to it with headphones or earbuds. It includes 3-D sound that is actually part of my interpretation of how I edited/produced this piece.
-Adam Pracht

Algernon Sydney is Dead

Postby Algernon Sydney is Dead » Tue Apr 21, 2015 6:55 am

acpracht wrote:...
The female narrator in part 3 was Ibba Armancas...
The male narrator... was ... Trendane Sparks...
I edited/produced this piece.

Thanks, Adam!

Corrected the episode page and also the entry at the top of this thread. I'm sure Desmond will update the ISFDB.

If you, or Ibba, or Trendane have any web site/page(s) to promote, I can link to them too.

acpracht

Postby acpracht » Tue Apr 21, 2015 5:50 pm

That's great! Thanks, Algernon.

I don't currently have a good website to direct anyone to. Both Tren and Ibba worked for me in my StarShipSofa days, so if they do have a website to promote, it would be linked there wherever their name appears.

-Adam

vluxrc

Postby vluxrc » Thu Apr 23, 2015 12:32 am

Thanks for the info, and thanks even more for this episode! The writing, reading, and production were all *awesome*.

Chairman Goodchild

Postby Chairman Goodchild » Sun Apr 26, 2015 11:30 am

The production values on this one were amazing. Not only all of the sound effects and the music, but the use of stereo. Especially in Part 3, when I could hear the insects flying past in the park, and the voice of the female protagonist circling around from the left to the right channel as she spoke.

The podcast wasn't afraid to let things simmer for awhile, and let the music play at the end of the segments. It wasn't in a rush to get anywhere, and I liked that. I listened to this episode in my bed at the end of a long day, and I was able to just relax and listen to this one in the dark.

My hat's off to Adam Pracht, and everyone else involved with this episode.

MartinForgeWorks

Postby MartinForgeWorks » Mon Apr 27, 2015 4:48 am

Very nice production. The use of sounds beyond speech were very tastefully used. The story made me a bit sad but still glad I listened to this one.
Thanks Drabble cast for another great short escape from my own life into some other world

acpracht

Postby acpracht » Sun May 03, 2015 8:09 am

Thanks, everyone, for the lovely comments. Glad that folks were picking up some of what I was trying to lay down with the production. :)
Hope to be able to do another one soon for y'all!
-Adam

Return to “Story Discussion - Main and Drabbleclassics”