Drabblecast 359 - Trifecta: Unnatural Growth

Discuss episodes and stories from the Drabblecast Main Feed and from Drabbleclassics
Algernon Sydney is Dead

Drabblecast 359 - Trifecta: Unnatural Growth

Postby Algernon Sydney is Dead » Tue May 12, 2015 9:24 am

Feature: They Sent Runners Out by Sarah Pinsker
Feature: The Liver by Andrew Kozma
Feature: Caretaker in the Garden of Dreams by David Tallerman
No drabble for this episode.
Genres: Horror Strange

Saturday, May 9th, 2015
My twin brother had been a dry-eyed baby, and he grew into a dry-eyed boy.

"Yaakov, why don't you ever cry?" I asked him the day we buried my uncle's family.

He shrugged. "Maybe you carry all the tears for both of us, Anna."

Guest Producer: David Cummings of the NoSleep Podcast
Read by: Erika Sanderson, Peter Lewis, David Cummings
Episode Art: Declan Keane

They Sent Runners Out first appeared in Fireside magazine, February 2014.
The Liver apparently first appears here on The Drabblecast. Probably.
Caretaker in the Garden of Dreams first appeared in Necrotic Tissue magazine, January 2010.

Twabble: “ The aliens said that humanity is too violent to join the Federation. Of course we couldn't let an insult like that stand. ” by Eric Marsh

Chairman Goodchild

Re: Drabblecast 359 - Trifecta: Unnatural Growth

Postby Chairman Goodchild » Wed May 20, 2015 1:29 pm

That just kept on getting increasingly creepy. I didn't think that anything would top the second story, about Prometheus's horribly cancerous liver, but that third story really ratcheted it up.

Very nice production values on this story as well. It's nice to see guest producers on the show. This week really changed the style of the show. The Drabblecast is 359 episodes old, and it still keeps trying new things.

algol

Postby algol » Fri May 22, 2015 12:01 am

This was my introductory podcast to the Dabblecast. I loved it. Thought it was incredible. I hope soon I can write something that fits the drabblecast format (I had a rejection but I realized it wasn't a fit and i went on to submit it to a bizarro publication. wish me luck). My favorite was Caretaker in the Garden of Dreams, with the Liver a close second (when a title begins with "The" and it's within a sentence does the "the" still get capitalized?), but they were all fantastic. Keep up the good work. I haven't seen any new episodes since this one though. And I thought it was supposed to......
WELCOME TO ARRAKIS. DON'T DRINK THE WATER!

Algernon Sydney is Dead

Postby Algernon Sydney is Dead » Fri May 22, 2015 12:48 am

These were 3 damn good short stories, harkening back to what I first loved about Drabblecast years ago.

These days, when I can't predict where a short story is going to go and I'm still satisfied when it gets there, that's a major win.

One sound effect seemed out of place (or maybe that was just traffic that coincidentally rewound and repeated with my MP3 player), but the audio production was very complementary to the stories. Well done.

algol wrote: I haven't seen any new episodes since this one though. And I thought it was supposed to......

Yeah, unfortunately, the episode schedule is a bit irregular these days. But, hey, that's why we have the archives!
Might I suggest starting with the excellent Drabbleclassics series.

normsherman
Site Admin

Postby normsherman » Sun May 24, 2015 7:27 pm

algol wrote: I haven't seen any new episodes since this one though. And I thought it was supposed to......

Ya, trying to get back on to a regular schedule. In meantime yes, Drabbleclassics, or just hit the archives. There are literally hundreds of back episodes to wade through. Don't let current delays hold thee back.
"Give us all some Jelly"

SeanT

Postby SeanT » Sat May 30, 2015 2:35 pm

Yeah, three top stories here. That liver one tho... Eugh, and I hate liver too. Just eugh,

Great episode.
There's no money in poetry, but there's no poetry in money.

bounceswoosh

Postby bounceswoosh » Tue Jun 09, 2015 9:57 pm

Creeeeeeepy. Loved Caretaker best.

Another way to get more great stories is to donate on an ongoing basis and check out the B-Sides. On average, I find them even better than the regular Drabblecast stories.

Return to “Story Discussion - Main and Drabbleclassics”