Drabblecast 360 - Trifecta: Locked Boxes

Discuss episodes and stories from the Drabblecast Main Feed and from Drabbleclassics
Algernon Sydney is Dead

Drabblecast 360 - Trifecta: Locked Boxes

Postby Algernon Sydney is Dead » Mon Jun 01, 2015 4:49 am

Feature: Coffee and Cornbread by Alicia Cole
Feature: God-Shaped Box by D. K. Thompson
Feature: Trimming the Fat by Katherine West
No drabble for this episode.
Genres: Fantasy
Warning: Some Adult Language
** Winners announced for the 8th annual Drabblecast People's Choice Awards! **

Sunday, May 31st, 2015
I didn't kill God; we should clear that up right away. I just captured him and put him in a little box.

Guest Produced by Adam Pracht.
Read by: Ibba Armancas, Trendane Sparks, Jacob Boris, Logan Waterman, Adam Pracht, Matthew Sanborn Smith, Nick Camm, Veronica Giguere
Episode Art: Carly Lyn

Coffee and Cornbread first appeared on Space Squid, September 2014.
God-Shaped Box first appeared at Hub magazine, April 2008.
Trimming the Fat first appeared on Asbury Pulp, December 2013.

Twabble: “ After years in zero gravity when legs became less important to move from here to there everyone started farting around. ” by Gary Doe

MartinForgeWorks

Re: Drabblecast 360 - Trifecta: Locked Boxes

Postby MartinForgeWorks » Thu Jun 04, 2015 3:11 am

The production for all three stories was just excellent. The dinner story fit the quirky just right.

God shaped box was soul crushing, in a remarkable I'm so thankful to hear stories such as this one soal crushing kind of way.

Thank you Drabble cast for another great set of stories

bounceswoosh

Postby bounceswoosh » Tue Jun 09, 2015 9:51 pm

It may have been a little unfair to the first and last stories to sandwich such a powerful, dark piece between them.

I eat eggs for breakfast every morning (slow carb diet), but I could eat an entire skillet full of the Joy of Cooking Southern Cornbread recipe. No flour (gluten free). For the "buttermilk," I put two tablespoons of white vinegar in a measuring cup, then fill to two cups with coconut milk. Let sit for five minutes. Surprisingly good - so good my dad, who was visiting and extremely skeptical, declared it the best cornbread he'd ever eaten. No sugar - that doesn't belong. But uh, then you slather it in whipped honey and butter.

What I'm saying is, now I'm dreaming of cornbread, and I can't have it for three more days. Thanks a lot.

Oh, and fruit. Can't eat fruit till then, either ...

Wait, what were we talking about?

acpracht

Postby acpracht » Tue Jun 16, 2015 5:53 am

Thanks so much for these replies. These stories were a blast to put together, so I'm glad to hear people enjoyed listening to them as well.
A couple fun notes on the production, for any who care:
-The egg cracking effect was just a regular chicken egg, but pitched down about an octave and with a bit of reverb added to give a sense of size.
-The sound of the salmon hacked up in the last story was created by taking a wet dishcloth and flopping it around a bit.
-The sound of fruit dropping into a basin was me, well, dropping random fruit and veggies into a pan.

Return to “Story Discussion - Main and Drabbleclassics”