Drabblecast 363 - The Totals

Discuss episodes and stories from the Drabblecast Main Feed and from Drabbleclassics
Algernon Sydney is Dead

Drabblecast 363 - The Totals

Postby Algernon Sydney is Dead » Sun Jul 05, 2015 9:05 pm

Feature: The Totals by Adam-Troy Castro
Drabble: Google Ads Are Amazing by Eric Marsh(Link needed)
Genres: Fantasy Horror

Saturday, July 4th, 2015
Clutch has killed somebody recently.
This goes without saying.
For as long as Clutch can remember, he has always killed somebody “recently.”...

Story produced by: Fred Greenhalgh with Final Rune Productions in conjunction with Mind's Eye Productions.
Read by: George Ledoux     For more George check out God of the Razor in RDR's HALLOWEEN Horror Extravaganza! episode.

Episode Art: Bo Kaier
This story first appeared in Nightmare magazine, February 2014.

Twabble: “ The first working bullshit detector was outlawed as a threat to the public good. Of course we all knew that was bullshit. ” by Eric Marsh

MartinForgeWorks

Re: Drabblecast 363 - The Totals

Postby MartinForgeWorks » Sat Jul 18, 2015 2:40 am

Nice production. A fun quirky bar tale. Where do I find a pub like this one.

JctWood
Location: Changing as rapidly as the earth circles the singularity at the centre of our universe.

Postby JctWood » Tue Jul 21, 2015 11:24 am

MartinForgeWorks wrote:Nice production. A fun quirky bar tale. Where do I find a pub like this one.

It is just in the corner of your eye when the twilight light has set the flickering cascade of orange streetlamps into motion.
There are hermit souls that live withdrawn in the place of their self-content...

Bugscuttle

Postby Bugscuttle » Tue Aug 25, 2015 7:02 am

I just wanted to say I thought this story was great!
I'm new to The Drabblecast (what can I say? always last one to dance with the tech of last week) and have been gorging myself on past episodes. This seems like a perfect representation of what I love about this 'cast, and I'll be looking for more from Adam.

strawman

Postby strawman » Sat Aug 29, 2015 3:39 pm

I'm old to the Drabblecast. I don't know that I'd say this is necessarily "representative". That would suggest that Strange has something like a mean. Strange is all pretty much "Out There" by definition, and the Theres are all over the place.
The quality of every aspect of the episode is great, from the Intro to the voice acting, (to Jct Wood's comment above) very entertaining.
Never judge anyone until you have biopsied their brain.

"Be kind, for everyone is fighting a hard battle."
Known Some Call Is Air Am
Spoiler:
Non sum qualis eram = "I am not who I will be"

finalrune

Postby finalrune » Fri Sep 11, 2015 3:26 am

Apparently I don't go on this forum enough - fun to hear people's reactions to this show! I'm with Strawman - a loyal listener to the Drabblecast - and - even as producer of the piece - I would say this is not 'representative' of the show, though it certainly fits it. I dunno, I'm a purist, anything that ain't Norm, ain't really the Drabblecast. Did I just say that? Yeah, I said it. The rest of us are pretenders to the throne.

I've adapted two stories for the Drabblecast - The Crevasse (338) and this one (363) and this was quite a different experience... this story is more about style and language and even though exceedingly more violent than The Crevasse, less haunting (since the depictions were OTT to being comical). I was really happy with the narrator I was able to get, George Ledoux is a huge amount of fun and you can really hear him come into his own when he does some of the weird monster voices.

Those who liked what they had to hear here (did I just say that?) should check out the title I worked on for Audible which will be coming out this Oct - this is going to be one serious sizzler: http://www.audible.com/pd/Fiction/FREE- ... 0618159DY3

- Fred Greenhalgh
FinalRune Productions / The Cleansed
Fred Greenhalgh
FinalRune Productions / The Cleansed

Return to “Story Discussion - Main and Drabbleclassics”