Drabblecast 365 - This Secular Technology

Discuss episodes and stories from the Drabblecast Main Feed and from Drabbleclassics
SpareInch

Drabblecast 365 - This Secular Technology

Post by SpareInch » Sun Nov 15, 2015 5:00 pm

Feature:  This Secular Technology  by  Bogi Takács

Genre:  Drabblecast  Sci-Fi  Strange

Sunday, July 12th, 2015
Leah woke up, said the blessing upon waking, then turned on her overlay with a mental command. She hissed with displeasure — it was a _gevurah_ day, again. She was supposed to contemplate restriction, discipline, withdrawal. She was beginning to wonder if her teachers were doing this on purpose; the assignments were said to be random, but she no longer believed in randomness. Her soul root was in _chesed_, the diametric opposite of _gevurah_, and she found _gevurah_ days draining at best, excruciatingly painful at worst.

Guest Produced by Andy Gray. First published Mirror Shards Volume Two
Episode Art:  Ruth Lowe
Read by:  Colleen Cherry

Twabble:  “The last living creature in the world sat alone in a room. He smiled as he heard the click of heels in the corridor outside. ”  by  SpareInch
The truth may be out there, but lies are inside your head.

SpareInch

Re: Drabblecast 365 - This Secular Technology

Post by SpareInch » Wed Nov 18, 2015 10:39 am

Well, I thought this was a particularly fine episode in the Twabble department. But I suppose I'm just biased. :twisted: :evil: :lol:
The truth may be out there, but lies are inside your head.

Chairman Goodchild

Re: Drabblecast 365 - This Secular Technology

Post by Chairman Goodchild » Fri Oct 19, 2018 5:27 am

The prayer that Leia was reciting from was the Three Blessings prayer.

Blessed are You, God, our Lord, King of the universe, who has not made me a non-Jew (goyim).

Blessed are You, God, our Lord, King of the universe, who has not made me a woman.

Blessed are You, God, our Lord, King of the universe, who has not made me a servant (servant also meaning slave or serf).

Strange that the prayer as it was presented by the author herself skipped over the part about thanking the god Yahweh for not making oneself a non-Jew or woman.