Drabblecast 409: The Dandelion Man by Jack Nicholls

Discuss episodes and stories from the Drabblecast Main Feed and from Drabbleclassics
mightytwix
Forums Czar

Drabblecast 409: The Dandelion Man by Jack Nicholls

Post by mightytwix » Fri Jun 21, 2019 1:24 pm

Drabblecast 409: The Dandelion Man
By Jack Nicholls
Teo and Paulus stood at the shore of the pampas, where the grass grew twice as tall as a man. They were naked, and the pampero raised goosebumps on their skin. The stalks bent against the wind’s force, green and gold ripples drawing the eye to the distant horizon. It was a good wind, people had been telling Teo all morning. Lucky.

Cover art by Gareth McGorman
Read by Norm Sherman

Drabble: The Blossom by Eric Marsh
Twabble: he stripper gazed longingly into my eyes as the delicate layers fell to the floor, revealing the muscle beneath my skin.
I keep telling you I grow sorghum...

ScubaMan

Re: Drabblecast 409: The Dandelion Man by Jack Nicholls

Post by ScubaMan » Sat Jun 22, 2019 3:40 am

Alright alright alright! This was good stuff. I processed this twisted story as an example of survival of the fittest. I didn't see that end coming....
Spoiler:
the losing man who remained under the grass. He was stung by some aweful insect until the victim {{{or angel... or dandelion man?!}}}} became a dirigible. He became a phucking balloon animal who floated away. Actually, I thought they were both going to be able to sail back to the town... both as dirt men... Nah. It wasn't gonna happen. Ooof.
What was the benefit of being a dirt man? What was the benefit (?!) of being a dandelion man?

Dirty tricks, indeed. No heros in this story. Nice. :D :D :D :mrgreen:

btw - am I the only one who had an mental image of the movie Apocalypse Now...?... when Chef says... don't get off the boat. No no no no no. Bye bye tiger. Bye bye. :shock: :shock:
https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?ti ... =902879094

Looking for nice ripe juicy mangoes,
ScubaMan.

Kevin Anderson
Forums Czar

Post by Kevin Anderson » Mon Jul 15, 2019 4:33 am

Just spent 30 minutes checking out Gareth McGorman site Penny Lane. Wild, fun, super groovy stuff. Drabblecast seems to find great artists, or at least the strangest. Check it out https://pennylanepublishing.com/collect ... man?page=1
"Sometimes I doubt your commitment to Sparkle Motion"

Facebook | Web Site | Night of the Living Trekkies | Book Trailer

mightytwix
Forums Czar

Post by mightytwix » Mon Jul 22, 2019 4:50 am

Another great story. I just took my second listen tinight after the kids went to bed. I know I need to tell my kids ( 1 and 3) to be nice., play good and make friends. But there are some days, you just want to tell them to do whatever needs to be done. A great coming of age story!

And as always impecable production.
I keep telling you I grow sorghum...