Drabblecast 140- Trifecta X

Discuss episodes and stories from the Drabblecast Main Feed and from Drabbleclassics
salimfadhley

Re: Drabblecast 140- Trifecta X

Post by salimfadhley » Fri Mar 26, 2010 6:15 pm

Bubbles didn't make much sense to me. I just didn't get a story that starts out with biological security being treated very seriously and then somehow when the bug gets out nobody seems to care. Was everybody contaminated simultaneously even through their bio protection gear?
If you have to ask questions like that I think you are trying to understand the story in the wrong way.
Story 2, weird, strange symbolism, <scratches head> me confused. me liked it though.
Having been a Frank Key fan since 2004 I can be pretty sure that no symbolism at all is intended. Hidden meaning is really not Frank's bag at all. Frank does not try to convey any message - they exist only to entertain (himself mainly).
Second story was excellent. Captain, oh my Captain! It's so weird to hear Norm read Frank Key. One of the things that balances out the trippyness of Hooting Yard, is Frank reads it in such a british, matter-of-fact monotone. When Norm produces it, it has energy, vitality, and depth. I'm not sure which is better, but both are fun.
I enjoyed the difference in Norm's reading of Black Broth. Norm's antagonist is dark and malevolent. Frank's is rather cheery and just deranged.
The only thing predictable about Frank Key is that he consistently makes surrealism look easy.
So true!

delfedd

Post by delfedd » Fri Jun 11, 2010 4:31 pm

I enjoyed all the stories. The last one was particularly funny, zombies meeting corporate zombies.

Unblinking

Post by Unblinking » Tue Dec 07, 2010 7:05 pm

Invisibility was fun, but seemed to go on a bit long. I agree that it had a Douglas Adams vibe about it.

Bubbles... This one just left me confused. I like Frank's work in general, but this one I didn't really get.

Outside the Box was hilarious! And that's pretty much how marketing reps would truly respond during the zompocalypse.