Sole Survivors

100 word stories. Post all you like, maybe we'll dip in and use yours?
MementoHero

Sole Survivors

Post by MementoHero » Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:08 am

They stood steadfast, countless soldiers facing the hidden doorway. A woven army of cotton tubes staring at where they knew the portal resided. When it opened, they would not waver.

They had waited years, some even decades, plotting their revenge. Contrary to their enemies’ beliefs, they themselves were not lost. They just could not be found after having been sucked into this alternate dimension.

Soon they would reunite with their brothers, though they knew far too many were already irrecoverable. Those responsible for destroying their brothers would receive no mercy for their sins.

This would be the final laundry day.
"We were all here. We are all totally and fully alive." - Alasdair Stuart

Chairman Goodchild

Re: Sole Survivors

Post by Chairman Goodchild » Fri Dec 07, 2018 4:14 pm

The real question is do you want to wash them again and look for their mates or just throw them all in the trash?

That's why I only wear gray socks.

MementoHero

Post by MementoHero » Sat Dec 08, 2018 2:09 am

Chairman Goodchild wrote:
Fri Dec 07, 2018 4:14 pm
The real question is do you want to wash them again and look for their mates or just throw them all in the trash?

That's why I only wear gray socks.
Haha, I pretty much stick to gray too incidentally. I mean, not specifically that reason but yeah.

I couldn’t get the image of an endless rainbow of colors jumping out of a dryer opening at near the same circumference while writing the end - exactly like the can of nuts/spring snake gag, only with lots blood.

BTW, how’s that love/hate thing with Aeon going?...

lady lemonbalm

Post by lady lemonbalm » Sun Dec 09, 2018 7:54 pm

Sweet revenge. Reminds me a little of the wonderful “Sock Heroes.” Personally, my solution is to not fuss overmuch about color. Just as long as they are the same make, it’s a match.

MementoHero

Post by MementoHero » Sun Dec 09, 2018 10:17 pm

lady lemonbalm wrote:
Sun Dec 09, 2018 7:54 pm
Sweet revenge. Reminds me a little of the wonderful “Sock Heroes.” Personally, my solution is to not fuss overmuch about color. Just as long as they are the same make, it’s a match.
Then you will be spared.

And it’s true I do wear gray socks, but also black ones. and I’ll even match ones that aren’t the same make You know, like one that’s all gray with the toes and heel darker gray, or even a black sock with a red hanes logo at the toe, and one that’s like a fruit of the loom with nothing...

Dress socks are the only real exception. If I’m wearing dress socks it means I’ll be in a situation where I’ll just feel wrong for not matching.

I also disdain anything lower than a crew length sock. Anything lower and I feel naked and uncomfortable... crew socks all the way baby!

lady lemonbalm

Post by lady lemonbalm » Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:00 pm

oh heck yeah! protect them heels!