Why I Shouldn't Be Allowed to Own a Pharmaceutical Company

100 word stories. Post all you like, maybe we'll dip in and use yours?
munsi

Why I Shouldn't Be Allowed to Own a Pharmaceutical Company

Post by munsi » Tue Jul 20, 2010 9:46 am

Test subject A took our prototype drug at 3:00pm and we settled in to observe the affects.

Three hours later he announced he was Christ risen, and had to kill pop singer Justin Bieber to avert the apocalypse. He started screaming, and continued until he passed out. He’s been alternating between screaming and drooling since.

We’re calling the project an enormous success, and will release the drug, in reduced doses, into the city water supply in the coming weeks.

We expect, with demand thus created, that our newest antipsychotic drug will be a big seller upon it’s release in October.

PureChance

Re: Why I Shouldn't Be Allowed to Own a Pharmaceutical Company

Post by PureChance » Tue Jul 20, 2010 3:27 pm

Well, a population suffering from the prototype drug wouldn't be all bad even without the anti-psychotic drug. They wouldn't have Justin Beiber at least.

Once again you've provided excellent evidence that you would make a superb evil genius :)
"Everything tricks, and everything cheats, and everything, everything, everything eats."

Drabblecast 146- Teddy Bears and Tea Parties by S. Boyd Taylor

JeffJ

Re: Why I Shouldn't Be Allowed to Own a Pharmaceutical Company

Post by JeffJ » Wed Jul 21, 2010 4:26 am

... The two execs sipped their bottle water while they waited for their food order. It had been a great day on the stock market; their pharmaceuticals had performed just as planned.

Unfortunately, neither could have known that the bottled water wasn't "pure spring water" as advertised...