The Face Book

100 word stories. Post all you like, maybe we'll dip in and use yours?
Hatching Phoenix

The Face Book

Post by Hatching Phoenix » Wed Feb 09, 2011 8:15 pm

She met him in a club. He was tall, pale and magnetic. They got to talking. He didn't say much, but he was a good listener, she thought.
"I want to put you in my face book," he said quietly. She nodded and grinned tipsily.
"I just love facebook!" She shouted to compete with the thumping bass of the sound system. "It is such a great way to connect with people, ya know?" He smiled broadly.
"I'm so glad that you understand," he said. He reached into his pocket and fingered the knife he would use to remove her face.
“You don't write because you want to say something, you write because you have something to say.” -- F. Scott Fitzgerald
The Way of the Buffalo: a podcast for literature, stuff, and nonsense http://wayofthebuffalopodcast.blogspot.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

strawman

Re: The Face Book

Post by strawman » Wed Feb 09, 2011 9:06 pm

Great premise; but needs the "Scattercat touch" on the twist, so the knife and its purpose are suggested rather than explicit.
Never judge anyone until you have biopsied their brain.

"Be kind, for everyone is fighting a hard battle."
Known Some Call Is Air Am
Spoiler:
Non sum qualis eram = "I am not who I will be"

SynapticJam

Post by SynapticJam » Thu Feb 10, 2011 12:04 am

Never hear the term "scattercat" before. Nifty. Imagining a book with blood streaks on it sends shivers down the back...
Only through respect, understanding and the threat of extreme violence can you affect positive change - James Keeling

strawman

Post by strawman » Thu Feb 10, 2011 2:37 am

Come to think of it, you're right! Scattercat works great as a verb.

However, I refer to Mister Scattercat, Creator of The Wisest Stone, and Mystic of Obliquity.

Check out his drabbles, and the style will be apparent.
Never judge anyone until you have biopsied their brain.

"Be kind, for everyone is fighting a hard battle."
Known Some Call Is Air Am
Spoiler:
Non sum qualis eram = "I am not who I will be"

Scattercat

Post by Scattercat » Thu Feb 10, 2011 5:27 am

I think it was a fine idea, myself. Not really my style, though; maybe more of a Munsi moment?

(Strawman has a point; as soon as we see the title with "face book" as two separate words, it's clear what's going to happen. A little implication will go a long way for this one. For instance, you could leave it with him fingering the knife and we'd all see quite clearly what the pun was.)