Munsi Drabbles about Zombies

100 word stories. Post all you like, maybe we'll dip in and use yours?
munsi

Munsi Drabbles about Zombies

Post by munsi » Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:51 am

Since the call's been put out for drabbles with Zombies, and older stories are at least not offensive to Norm's sight, I figured I'd toss up a couple of older ones here. People who haven't seen these specific ones already: Enjoy!

1 - Zombie in a Theme Park

Brian awoke from the sleep of death and shambled forward, hungry for brains.

During his life he’d worked at the theme park, bringing joy to children with his cartoonish visage. Now that visage no longer inspired joy as he staggered through the grounds, determined, unstoppable, ever looking for hapless victims, but ever unsated.

He would, from time to time, catch a still-living victim, but once he had them in his grasp he found he could not, however hard he tried, sink his teeth into their tender, succulent flesh.

There’s nothing more tragic than a Zombie trapped in a mascot suit.

2 - The Best Laid Plans

My plan for Zombie Apocalypse was flawless.

I’d packed a bag with rations, rifle, ammunition and crowbar (a bludgeon that could crush skulls AND a useful all-purpose tool) and left it by my home’s door.

I’d memorized a route from the city that’d avoid refugee hubs (hospitals, malls, churches) that less prepared survivors would swarm.

And a few hundred miles north, my fortified cabin waited, with food for the winter and a garden in the spring.

I was ready, and justifiably proud of the prep-work I’d done.

The only thing I hadn’t accounted for was being patient zero.

Stupid monkey…

3 - No Such Thing as Zombies

The walking corpse outside your door isn’t a zombie.

There’s no such thing as zombies.

It’s simply a corpse I’ve rigged with remote-controlled animatronics, and which I control the movements of from the safety and comfort of my nearby van.

I’m watching you now, through miniature cameras behind it’s eyes.

But, in spite of there being no such thing as zombies, it is a walking corpse. And that’s all you’ll see.

That’s what makes this so great!

This may, I admit, be crossing a line.

It may end our friendship.

Yet, here in my van, I’m laughing my head off.

4 - Zombies

In zombie movies, one guy always gets bitten, and tries to hide it from the group, and he winds up screwing things up for anyone.

And I laugh.

At his stupidity, and short sightedness.

Ignoring facts at the expense of his friends lives.

If it were me, I think to myself, I’d man up, eat a gun and save everyone a world of pain and danger.

But now, looking at the bite on my arm…

It’s barely a scratch.

And I’m so fucking scared.

I’m not ready to go.

Not like this.

I’ll tell them, I will. Just… not yet.

5 - Our Reunion
I shamble slowly toward you, a trail of rotted flesh behind me.

You fumble with your shotgun, weeping.

“Shoot him!” Your companion screams, “I know it’s hard, but you have to remember, he’s not in there anymore!”

But I am in here. I see everything, feel every sensation. I’m conscious of your fear, equally conscious of my hunger.

Perhaps you see that flicker of consciousness in my eyes, because you hesitate before pulling the trigger.

It’s time enough.

As I tear into your flesh, I know you don’t understand why I’d do what I’m doing. But you’ll understand in time.

JeffJ

Re: Munsi Drabbles about Zombies

Post by JeffJ » Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:32 pm

Love #2!!