CCS Relentless

100 word stories. Post all you like, maybe we'll dip in and use yours?
Phenopath

CCS Relentless

Post by Phenopath » Fri Apr 10, 2009 1:51 pm

The great war plough carved a deep scar as it steamed across the Maryland landscape. Her mechanical mind set with a grim determination; her objective the destruction of Baltimore and the ploughsheds of the Union.

Below deck two dozen jack tar of the Confederate Navy laboured stoking her boilers and loading munition. A blast close-by signaled the inevitable resistance. Raising her periscope she observed with satisfaction that charging toward her from the cover of the hills to the east were the bicyclists of the Maryland Light Cavalry.

With a roar of triumph she tacked hard to port and into battle...

StalinSays
Beast-Master

hrmm

Post by StalinSays » Fri Apr 10, 2009 6:37 pm

I am not entirely sure I understand the action of this drabble (a personified lawn mower's demented musings?), but I quite like the language used. Neat stuff.

Mr. Tweedy

Post by Mr. Tweedy » Sat Apr 11, 2009 2:47 am

I totally don't get it. Yet, I smiled.

Production = Win
Plot = ???
Advertise in this space!

normsherman
Site Admin

Post by normsherman » Sat Apr 11, 2009 3:05 am

Nice. Do my sub-quantum detectors pick up sub-quantum signals, perhaps some sort of sub-quantum interference but most likely reliable sub-quantum data, that you're a fellow Baltimoron? Goin to Balticon Phenopath?

Sub-quantum sub-quantum.
"Give us all some Jelly"

Phenopath

Post by Phenopath » Sat Apr 11, 2009 7:11 am

Thanks for the feedback. It is not obvious how a mental image will translate.

I am not a Baltipudian, but where better to destroy. I would have set it in the English Civil war, except, of course, they did not have war ploughs back then.

Unfortunately every thing I know about the American civil war I learnt from watching Dukes of Hazard. When fact checking the story (can you tell) I found this bad boy.

normsherman
Site Admin

Post by normsherman » Sat Apr 11, 2009 7:17 am

Phenopath wrote: Unfortunately every thing I know about the American civil war I learnt from watching Dukes of Hazard.
Again, Vive le Drabblecast!
"Give us all some Jelly"