Standards

100 word stories. Post all you like, maybe we'll dip in and use yours?
TheBigBadG

Standards

Post by TheBigBadG » Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:16 am

Standards dropped after the bombs fell, that was no surprise, but it definitely changed us when Buttons died. Where do you bury someone in a bunker? The stench – I can still taste it now – made the decision for us. It was so messy that we boiled her, one piece at a time, tearing off chunks of her flesh so she fit down the toilet. We had to keep the skeleton.

I’d come to terms with what we did, it broke Spike though. He’s been acting out ever since. I guess that’s why he keeps hiding the skull in my bed.

Suomy Nona

Re: Standards

Post by Suomy Nona » Tue Mar 19, 2013 2:23 pm

I like it.

I do have one suggestion for your bunker though. Switch out the toilet for a deep hole. My thoughts are... if you die in my bunker, then I'm not wasting the meat or the water for flushing. Great idea to save the skeleton. Calcium supplimentation may be hard to aquire. But who's waiting for the bomb... my *pet disposal standards are already pretty low.

*anyone with the name "Buttons" is most likely not being kept in a bunker for intellectual stimulation

TheBigBadG

Post by TheBigBadG » Tue Mar 19, 2013 2:59 pm

Suomy Nona wrote:Switch out the toilet for a deep hole.
But if they can make a deep hole they can bury the body. I was thinking the concrete box kind of bunker, where the only out hole is the toilet (not counting the irradiated entrance). And you can't flush a femur. Mind you, I hadn't thought about the supplement requirements either.

As for Buttons, you know that could have been a person...

Suomy Nona

Post by Suomy Nona » Wed Mar 20, 2013 3:38 am

I got it. I was thinking to include a deep hole in the construction of the bunker.

The toilet made me think "requires renewable source of water" but that was faulty thinking... my bad. Take out the S-bend and gravity does the work.

A name like Buttons makes me think of a stripper... and strippers make better pets then companions... I would imagine... but that's probably more faulty thinking on my part.

Regardless, I'll miss Buttons... she left a hole that will never be filled again.

TheBigBadG

Post by TheBigBadG » Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:25 am

Suomy Nona wrote:A name like Buttons makes me think of a stripper...
That's magic. She'd be the weirdest stripper ever. This side of the pond Buttons is the lead perk-o-tron in our Cinderella pantomimes. Obliged to overact, slap their thighs a lot, incessantly chirpy and all that. Like if Obelisk had fallen into the Magic Kingdom instead of the magic potion as a baby...

PureChance

Post by PureChance » Wed Mar 20, 2013 2:34 pm

It brought to mind a harmless and slightly ditzy old lady. Till you reminded me of pantomime at least. In the former the last line sounded a little disjointed, in light of it it hangs together better i think.
"Everything tricks, and everything cheats, and everything, everything, everything eats."

Drabblecast 146- Teddy Bears and Tea Parties by S. Boyd Taylor