[No Tresspassing/ Lovecraft Theme] Chosen

100 word stories. Post all you like, maybe we'll dip in and use yours?
Andrew Styles

[No Tresspassing/ Lovecraft Theme] Chosen

Post by Andrew Styles » Tue Jun 11, 2013 3:29 am

I climbed over the high, chain link fence. The moon cast a pallid glow over everything. It was so bright. The large crater ringed by withered trees was just where I had left it. Not that it would have moved. After years of studying must old tomes and ancient folklore, I was finally ready.
I jumped down, falling for a second before landing on the cobblestone floor. No one knows where the crater came from, but it revealed an ancient place.
I read from the book, and a huge fleshy fist pulled me in. The Ancient One had chosen me.
"If you must mount the gallows, give a jest to the crowd, a coin to the hangman, and make the drop with a smile on your lips" - Birgitte Silverbow

Check out my blog! http://www.musingsoftheteenagemind.wordpress.com

MonsieurMoustache

Re: [No Tresspassing/ Lovecraft Theme] Chosen

Post by MonsieurMoustache » Tue Jun 11, 2013 3:44 pm

I find it interesting someone bothered to erect a clearly ineffectual fence around it...my guess is he wasn't the first one to get there, and the first one didn't want to hang around long enough to build an effective barrier... :twisted:

Andrew Styles

Re: [No Tresspassing/ Lovecraft Theme] Chosen

Post by Andrew Styles » Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:27 am

MonsieurMoustache wrote:I find it interesting someone bothered to erect a clearly ineffectual fence around it...my guess is he wasn't the first one to get there, and the first one didn't want to hang around long enough to build an effective barrier... :twisted:
I never thought about that... but I like the idea. :twisted:
"If you must mount the gallows, give a jest to the crowd, a coin to the hangman, and make the drop with a smile on your lips" - Birgitte Silverbow

Check out my blog! http://www.musingsoftheteenagemind.wordpress.com