Rise of the Fallen

100 word stories. Post all you like, maybe we'll dip in and use yours?
DoctorBanzai

Rise of the Fallen

Post by DoctorBanzai » Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:17 pm

The fallen warrior rose from where he lay in the mud, the creature living upon his back pushing him to continue. Standing slowly, his strength nearly depleted, he began trudging through the filth once again, each step weakening him further.

From upon his back, the small thing struck him hard, its tiny hand forcing the warrior’s head forward with an unexpected force. The weakened man stumbled again, nearly falling, but managed to maintain his tenuous balance.

All around him, from the blood soaked dirt and muck, other soldiers began to rise, their own bodies falling apart, and joined the march.

Flintknapper

Re: Rise of the Fallen

Post by Flintknapper » Tue Aug 27, 2013 3:38 pm

Is it like a body snatcher parasite that is reanimating the corpses?

Also title reminded me of the Transformers movie a while back. I like the title... it is a good title. That is probably the reason they used in the crappy movie. Thankfully there were no decepticons here.

Speaking of transformers... while I was born in the 70s, I was a child in the 80s. Why is it everyone is so enamored with the crappy cartoon? That wasn't even that good as far as giant robots go. The one I remember being awesome was Robotech or Voltron. How come they do not bring back those series?

Varda
Connor Choadsworth Defender

Re: Rise of the Fallen

Post by Varda » Tue Aug 27, 2013 6:33 pm

I got parasite-governed zombies as well. The first-person perspective was particularly interesting on this one. You don't normally get that perspective when deal with zombies, and it added an extra layer of creepiness.

And Flintknapper, I don't get the Transformers love either, although I also have friends that are ridiculously nostalgic about it. While I'm completely open to being wowed by giant robots causing mayhem, Transformers was just so blatantly an extended toy commercial that it never quite excited me. More power to the people who love it, but it just makes me shrug and wish I'd spent my time cleaning out the fridge or something.
Medical Microfiction: Stories about Science

Drabblescout Badges:
Merits: Twabble Author (5), Drabble Author (4), DRIP Slave Volunteer (2), Whittling (1), Macaroni Crafts (2)
Demerits: Redd*t Rouser (2), Whittler's Mother (6)