The Sniper

100 word stories. Post all you like, maybe we'll dip in and use yours?
Phenopath

The Sniper

Post by Phenopath » Sat Jun 20, 2009 8:54 pm

Gary Pratt lived with the irrational fear that he was being hunted by a sniper. Whenever he walked to or from work at the videostore he crouched and scanned the surrounding rooftops for an imaginary marksman intent on blowing his brains out.

A psychiatrist may have diagnosed Gary's paranoia as acute agoraphobia combined with delusions of self-importance. However, this was a silent fear which Gary did not express to his family or colleagues.

So profound was Gary's obsession, and intense was his skyward vigil, that he was oblivious to the stealthy approach of three ninja, trained assassins of the Shogun.

Mr. Tweedy

Post by Mr. Tweedy » Sat Jun 20, 2009 9:46 pm

He he!

I grinned.

Change the ending to leave out mention of The Shogun, though. The presence of a Shogun makes the sniper anachronistic. Just say he didn't see the ninja assassins.
Advertise in this space!

cammoblammo

Post by cammoblammo » Sat Jun 20, 2009 9:50 pm

Mr. Tweedy wrote:He he!

I grinned.

Change the ending to leave out mention of The Shogun, though. The presence of a Shogun makes the sniper anachronistic. Just say he didn't see the ninja assassins.
Nah, I was wondering if there was a play on the word 'shotgun.' I don't think it was intentional, but I've done enough literary theory to know that the author's intentions generally mean jack.

So... nice work!
It is something that has to be proved scientifically, that a human being turned into a goat.

Phenopath

Post by Phenopath » Sat Jun 20, 2009 9:57 pm

Cheers. Try looking out for snipers sometime, it's spooky after a while.