World Heritage Tours (Tourism Theme)

100 word stories. Post all you like, maybe we'll dip in and use yours?
Varda
Connor Choadsworth Defender

World Heritage Tours (Tourism Theme)

Post by Varda » Thu Sep 12, 2013 2:06 am

Our first stop will be the Olduvai Gorge, cradle of humankind. Enjoy sweeping vistas from the comfort and safety of your secure prisonpod. Espresso served compliments of CUPPO!

After that, we’ll sample the most popular heritage sites of Earth, including the Pyramids and Disney World ruins. If time permits, we’ll sneak in a photo op at the historic battleground of the Wisconsin Cheese Union. Haz-mat suits optional.

We’ll finish our Earth experience with a stop at the CUPPO Espresso Corporation, where you can renew your loyalty oaths before returning to the java mines. While there, enjoy another cuppa CUPPO espresso!
Medical Microfiction: Stories about Science

Drabblescout Badges:
Merits: Twabble Author (5), Drabble Author (4), DRIP Slave Volunteer (2), Whittling (1), Macaroni Crafts (2)
Demerits: Redd*t Rouser (2), Whittler's Mother (6)

gunsofchekhovia

Re: World Heritage Tours (Tourism Theme)

Post by gunsofchekhovia » Thu Sep 12, 2013 3:02 am

Everybody's workin' for the weekend!

I like this. An interesting kind of post-apocalyptic landscape in the aftermath of... corporate wars? That's a more blatant species of honesty than we get 'round here. I assume this is also the reason for the vehicles being called "prisonpods." No real need to sugarcoat it when they can't do anything about it, eh?

jkjones21

Re: World Heritage Tours (Tourism Theme)

Post by jkjones21 » Thu Sep 12, 2013 2:50 pm

That's an interesting take on it that I didn't pick up on my first reading. I was getting more of a singularity vibe, like the espresso machines became sentient and then took over the world.