Oubliette

100 word stories. Post all you like, maybe we'll dip in and use yours?
metalcapatiller

Oubliette

Post by metalcapatiller » Wed Nov 27, 2013 11:09 pm

The darkness is closing in around me. I’ve long stopped screaming; having realized its uselessness. No one can hear me anyway, except, perhaps, the person slowly closing the hole above me. I wish he’d say something.
I wish I had someone to talk to. The light above me never dims, so I have no idea how long I’ve been down here. The only thing I do know is that when I wake up next, the hole above me will be smaller. At least I’ve stopped being hungry.
I wonder, when the hole closes, will I still remember what light is?
CAPITAL letters are always the best way of dealing with things you don't have an answer to - Douglas Adams

Why is it that whenever I get "It's a Small World" stuck in my head, I need to sing it loudly and off-key?

Algernon Sydney is Dead

Re: Oubliette

Post by Algernon Sydney is Dead » Wed Nov 27, 2013 11:30 pm

Welcome aboard, metalcapatiller!

strawman

Post by strawman » Thu Nov 28, 2013 1:27 am

I imagine that you wrote this drabble in the darkness of a Cuban dungeon, remembering the shape of letters on a piece of tattered fabric. God knows how you suffered, your only hope that one day another human being would see your words and remember old capatiller.
I feel sorrow that we can do no better than a cheery "Welcome aboard!"
But you see, our resources are limited, and the universe is endless ranks, row and column, of identical dark pits.

But feel free to browse our schwag store. Although we can't afford to give it away, there are free pictures of it which you may enjoy.

Now go along and cheer up, will you? It's Thanksgiving, for God's sake!
Never judge anyone until you have biopsied their brain.

"Be kind, for everyone is fighting a hard battle."
Known Some Call Is Air Am
Spoiler:
Non sum qualis eram = "I am not who I will be"

gunsofchekhovia

Post by gunsofchekhovia » Thu Nov 28, 2013 3:23 am

"Losing your self is a transaction, a series of concessions. Like using your Black Amex at a Panda Express LOL." --@KimKierkegaard

Welcome aboard, metalcapatiller!

Varda
Connor Choadsworth Defender

Post by Varda » Thu Nov 28, 2013 4:00 am

This one made me think of Interview with a Vampire for some reason, except in reverse (torture by gradually removing light instead of light exposure). Dark and moody.

Welcome to the neighborhood!
Medical Microfiction: Stories about Science

Drabblescout Badges:
Merits: Twabble Author (5), Drabble Author (4), DRIP Slave Volunteer (2), Whittling (1), Macaroni Crafts (2)
Demerits: Redd*t Rouser (2), Whittler's Mother (6)

metalcapatiller

Post by metalcapatiller » Thu Nov 28, 2013 4:28 am

Thanks for all the welcomes. And about the story, I was feeling POE-etic (please forgive the pun).
CAPITAL letters are always the best way of dealing with things you don't have an answer to - Douglas Adams

Why is it that whenever I get "It's a Small World" stuck in my head, I need to sing it loudly and off-key?

gunsofchekhovia

Post by gunsofchekhovia » Thu Nov 28, 2013 5:28 am

It's not often we get straight horror 'round here, and it seems our instinct is to chase it with humor. But it's always nice to have a new voice in the forums. Keep up the good work.

MonsieurMoustache

Post by MonsieurMoustache » Thu Nov 28, 2013 8:00 am

Hey there, welcome to the Drab. It's more exciting than my abbreviation makes it sound.