Tattoo

100 word stories. Post all you like, maybe we'll dip in and use yours?
LajesticVantrashellofLob

Tattoo

Post by LajesticVantrashellofLob » Tue Jun 30, 2009 12:11 pm

I stood in the parlor and asked the artist to tattoo several Chinese characters on my arm. I had no idea what they meant, but they looked badass.

A few hours later I removed the bandage and wished I hadn’t.

I stared into the inky blackness of the characters, chills running down my spine as I heard a low, throaty growl and saw two bloodshot eyes staring out at me from deep within my arm.

After I had frantically searched the internet for a translation, I swallowed hard, reached into my wallet and checked my receipt:

The Beast Within - $43.50

If anyone knows how much a relatively small tattoo would actually cost (I have no earthly idea), let me know so I can change the price I listed there. Thanks!

EDIT: I changed "days" to "hours" so that the drabble makes a little more sense, as apparently one wouldn't need a bandage on a tattoo for days on end. Also, I've just noticed that Microsoft Word seems to think that "-" is a fully fledged word in its own right, so I added "had" before "frantically" to get the word count up to 100.
Philosophy is a game with objectives and no rules. Mathematics is a game with rules and no objectives.

You're always the hero in your own story - life is about not being the villain in anyone else's.

Phenopath

Post by Phenopath » Tue Jun 30, 2009 9:07 pm

I liked it, another cool take on a common cliche.

My only nit-pickery is that a bandage would not be needed, however if the drabble requires it...

strawman

Post by strawman » Wed Jul 01, 2009 1:21 am

In prison they're free. But that would be a popular one.
Never judge anyone until you have biopsied their brain.

"Be kind, for everyone is fighting a hard battle."
Known Some Call Is Air Am
Spoiler:
Non sum qualis eram = "I am not who I will be"