Pardon Our Progress (2014 theme)

100 word stories. Post all you like, maybe we'll dip in and use yours?
gunsofchekhovia

Pardon Our Progress (2014 theme)

Post by gunsofchekhovia » Sat Nov 30, 2013 8:53 am

Last December, as expected, the world ended. At least, thought Mike, it was punctual.

He sat around thinking for a couple of hours. Then he got to work. A carpenter was exactly what this world needed.

One day, in a mall, he came across a sign that read, “Pardon Our Progress.” From that point on, he painted that slogan on every building he repaired. He imagined one of the mutants standing there, slack-jawed and milky-eyed, staring at a silly sign.

It was a year since he'd seen another normal human, but he had to believe next year would be better.

Varda
Connor Choadsworth Defender

Re: Pardon Our Progress (2014 theme)

Post by Varda » Sat Nov 30, 2013 8:57 am

Um. LOVE.

Who knows? Maybe all the extra arms we'll get in the nuclear fallout will actually be an improvement. Imagine finally being able to reach that itchy spot on the back of your carapace. :D
Medical Microfiction: Stories about Science

Drabblescout Badges:
Merits: Twabble Author (5), Drabble Author (4), DRIP Slave Volunteer (2), Whittling (1), Macaroni Crafts (2)
Demerits: Redd*t Rouser (2), Whittler's Mother (6)

gunsofchekhovia

Post by gunsofchekhovia » Mon Dec 02, 2013 4:57 pm

It would be really nice not to have to rub against brick walls all the time anymore.

MonsieurMoustache

Post by MonsieurMoustache » Tue Dec 03, 2013 11:29 pm

Hah hah, another bit of brilliance! I, for one, plan to use my new arms to multitask. I'll dedicate two specifically to writing, while the cancerous growth on my brain deals with day-today stuff with the other assorted limbs.

gunsofchekhovia

Post by gunsofchekhovia » Wed Dec 04, 2013 1:45 am

That sounds like a pretty solid plan, Monsieur. Just make sure you know whose side that growth is really on.