One Penn Plaza

100 word stories. Post all you like, maybe we'll dip in and use yours?
Cutter McKay

One Penn Plaza

Post by Cutter McKay » Thu Dec 05, 2013 3:24 am

I gaped alongside thousands of other New Yorkers outside Madison Square Garden watching the unbelievable. The movies would have called the thing a “kaiju”. I could only call it terrifying.

The beast clung to the top of One Penn Plaza, roaring and smashing everything in sight. Sounds of helicopters thundered overhead, visible only when passing through the hastily erected searchlights.

Suddenly everything went dark and silent. No searchlights, no roars. Only these holographic words hovering above the Plaza:

Intrigued? Imagine What We Can Do For YOUR Business.

In that moment I knew one thing: Advertising would never be the same.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Hi everyone! I finally made it over here from the EA forums. Since there's no "New Members" thread that I can find, I thought I'd take a moment to intro myself. A lot of you already know me from the EA forums, but for those who don't, I'm Cutter... and I'm a fictionholic. I write mostly sci-fi, some fantasy, and the very occasional horror. I'm still a fledgling author, but I do have one story, "Grandad", published in Issue 2 of "Promptly" over at promptandcircumstance.com.

This is my first ever attempt at a drabble. In part, it's the drabbles that drew me to these forums. I'm so intrigued by these little gems of ultra-flash fiction. This may be my first, but it certainly won't be my last. You're stuck with me now. :twisted:
"You have not yet written your best work." -Tracy Hickman

Varda
Connor Choadsworth Defender

Re: One Penn Plaza

Post by Varda » Thu Dec 05, 2013 3:52 am

CUTTER!!! Welcome to the forums, my friend! :D

Love the drabble. Been watching Pacific Rim much? Yeah, the kaiju would get my attention. Much better than "New Coke" any day, eh?
Medical Microfiction: Stories about Science

Drabblescout Badges:
Merits: Twabble Author (5), Drabble Author (4), DRIP Slave Volunteer (2), Whittling (1), Macaroni Crafts (2)
Demerits: Redd*t Rouser (2), Whittler's Mother (6)

will write for beer

Post by will write for beer » Thu Dec 05, 2013 3:58 am

as an advertising copywriter (20 years and counting), i'm...intrigued. as a fellow fledgling (four published and definitely still counting), i say welcome!
"Yeah they're dead. They're all messed up."
-- Sheriff McClelland

gunsofchekhovia

Post by gunsofchekhovia » Thu Dec 05, 2013 4:50 am

Welcome, welcome! Very nice drabble! Keep it up!