Friday the 13th Christmas

100 word stories. Post all you like, maybe we'll dip in and use yours?
DoctorBanzai

Friday the 13th Christmas

Post by DoctorBanzai » Thu Dec 05, 2013 11:30 pm

Standing atop the pile of bodies, tiny arms and legs poking out randomly, Jason held his machete aloft. Blood dripped from the blade, falling in heavy droplets onto his mask, then onto the snow, joining the red river carving the white landscape.

“Jason!” the bearded man called from across the expanse of frozen blood. “You’ve made my naughty list for the last time!”

Santa approached the killer with confidence; one hand hidden behind his back.

From behind him a gentle sound; singing.

Santa raised his hand from the bag to offer the plush bear, a smile on his plump face.

***Inspired by a facebook friend who posted about how excited he was that December 2013 has both Christmas and a Friday the 13th in it***

Varda
Connor Choadsworth Defender

Re: Friday the 13th Christmas

Post by Varda » Thu Dec 05, 2013 11:45 pm

Hmm. I can see two possible meanings for the ending.

1. Jason has been so incredibly naughty that he's circumnavigated Naughtiness and landed on the Good List. Sort of like how a really bad movie can become so unbelievably bad that it's suddenly a good movie.

2. That bear is not a bear...
Medical Microfiction: Stories about Science

Drabblescout Badges:
Merits: Twabble Author (5), Drabble Author (4), DRIP Slave Volunteer (2), Whittling (1), Macaroni Crafts (2)
Demerits: Redd*t Rouser (2), Whittler's Mother (6)

Cutter McKay

Post by Cutter McKay » Thu Dec 05, 2013 11:58 pm

I think Santa is paying it forward here. (My phone just tried to autocorrect that to "pissing it forward". Different meaning there. ;-))

By offering Jason kindness, Santa is hoping to turn Jason around. Or Varda's right and the bear is not a bear. Either way, Santa had better hope Jason accepts the gift, or this may be the last Christmas ever.

I liked this one for subverting my expectation that Santa was going to pull a weapon and demolish Jason. Well played.
"You have not yet written your best work." -Tracy Hickman

Spindaddy

Post by Spindaddy » Fri Dec 06, 2013 1:58 am

Or the bear is a bear... but not the bear that people want to hold behind them....
I'm not Evil. I'm Corporate.
Zombie Catfish.

gunsofchekhovia

Post by gunsofchekhovia » Fri Dec 06, 2013 2:59 pm

Or maybe Santa gave up watching the Friday the 13th movies?

I somehow managed to avoid them my entire childhood, and watched several of them thanks to AMC this year, at long last. Watching those movies, I finally understood why some people say, "I don't like horror."