The Balloon People

100 word stories. Post all you like, maybe we'll dip in and use yours?
Squishbot

The Balloon People

Post by Squishbot » Mon Mar 24, 2014 7:29 am

The contortionist began moving himself into another awkward position to the amazement of the spectators gathering along the street. As he bended and twisted into what would become a puppy dog, there was a loud “CRACK!” and a shriek of dismay as one of the children in the front row, who was attempting to emulate the contortionist, popped. “That reminds me folks!” the performer said jovially, “you shouldn’t try this yourselves, I’m a professional hyuk hyuk!” The parents shuffled quietly away while all that remained of their child, a wrinkly, shriveled flap of rubbery skin, floated away on the breeze.

Varda
Connor Choadsworth Defender

Re: The Balloon People

Post by Varda » Mon Mar 24, 2014 4:13 pm

Nice one, Squishbot! Welcome to the forums, and remind me to stay away from the helium tank... :)
Medical Microfiction: Stories about Science

Drabblescout Badges:
Merits: Twabble Author (5), Drabble Author (4), DRIP Slave Volunteer (2), Whittling (1), Macaroni Crafts (2)
Demerits: Redd*t Rouser (2), Whittler's Mother (6)

jeetkuneluke

Post by jeetkuneluke » Mon Mar 24, 2014 5:00 pm

That's excellent.

Squishbot

Post by Squishbot » Mon Mar 24, 2014 8:09 pm

Thank you! I've just started getting into Drabblecast and hearing about all you folks and your stories was the push I needed to finally start submitting! I know it's a little late, but I would have voted for Deathmole.