I'd love to see more people producing stories on the Dribblecast these days. Like, lots more.
So here's 2 new things concerning that end:
- I'd like to officially start selecting a fan-produced Drabble from the Dribblecast feed to be featured on an episode of the Drabblecast at least once a month. So find a Drabble you like from the forums and get to it!
- I want to have "The Dribblecast Award" added as a new thing during the Drabblecast People's Choice Awards each year, with it's own special prize-- a unique engraved "Dribblecast Award" trophy, a boatload of DC swag and a year's subscription to DC B-sides.
As opposed to the other DCPCA categories, this award will be editor-selected and both the story writer and story's producer/reader will be considered "winners" and each awarded separately. Although you are free to produce stories of all lengths on the Dribblecast, only Drabbles (100 words) and Flash Fiction (1,000 words or less) will be considered for the Dribblecast Award.
The winner and runner-ups will also be published in an annual "Best of the Dribblecast" show we will run as a special Drabblecast episode each year.
- The Dribblecast is a completely fun-run and fan-produced podcast: Drabblecast fans reading, producing and publishing stories by the Drabblecast fan community, appearing here in the forums. Everyone is invited to participate, regardless of experience writing, narrating or working with audio.
- All stories posted in the "Community Stories" section of the Drabblecast forums are public domain, with the exception of the Short Stories (Members Only) section.
- You can format your episode of the Dribblecast however you like-- it's your show! You can keep things simple, like in Dribblecast 153
or add your own hosting/editorial flair, like in Dribblecast 139
- Record your story and email your submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please include the following:
Story Author: (real name or pseudonym)
Story Type: (Drabble (100 words exactly) Twabble (100 characters exactly) Flash (1,000 words or less) or Short Story (above 1,000 words).
Read/Produced by: (real name or pseudonym)
If you have any questions, ask them on this thread or the Dribblecast main thread and someone will get back to you!
Check out the Dribblecast and subscribe at dribblecast.org.
Mod note: This is a reconstruction after the original thread was accidentally deleted.