The Dribblecast Call to Action!

100 word stories. Post all you like, maybe we'll dip in and use yours?
Algernon Sydney is Dead

The Dribblecast Call to Action!

Postby Algernon Sydney is Dead » Sat Aug 02, 2014 11:47 pm

From Norm Sherman (originally Tue Jun 17, 2014):

Hey folks,

I'd love to see more people producing stories on the Dribblecast these days. Like, lots more.
So here's 2 new things concerning that end:
  1. I'd like to officially start selecting a fan-produced Drabble from the Dribblecast feed to be featured on an episode of the Drabblecast at least once a month. So find a Drabble you like from the forums and get to it!

2. I want to have "The Dribblecast Award" added as a new thing during the Drabblecast People's Choice Awards each year, with it's own special prize-- a unique engraved "Dribblecast Award" trophy, a boatload of DC swag and a year's subscription to DC B-sides.

As opposed to the other DCPCA categories, this award will be editor-selected and both the story writer and story's producer/reader will be considered "winners" and each awarded separately. Although you are free to produce stories of all lengths on the Dribblecast, only Drabbles (100 words) and Flash Fiction (1,000 words or less) will be considered for the Dribblecast Award.

The winner and runner-ups will also be published in an annual "Best of the Dribblecast" show we will run as a special Drabblecast episode each year.

Here are details about the Dribblecast and how to be involved, if you aren't already familiar:
  • The Dribblecast is a completely fun-run and fan-produced podcast: Drabblecast fans reading, producing and publishing stories by the Drabblecast fan community, appearing here in the forums. Everyone is invited to participate, regardless of experience writing, narrating or working with audio.

• All stories posted in the "Community Stories" section of the Drabblecast forums are public domain, with the exception of the Short Stories (Members Only) section.

• You can format your episode of the Dribblecast however you like-- it's your show! You can keep things simple, like in Dribblecast 153
    or add your own hosting/editorial flair, like in Dribblecast 139

• Record your story and email your submissions to post@dribblecast.org.
    Please include the following:

Story Title:
    Story Author: (real name or pseudonym)
    Story Type: (Drabble (100 words exactly) Twabble (100 characters exactly) Flash (1,000 words or less) or Short Story (above 1,000 words).
    Read/Produced by: (real name or pseudonym)

The file format should be MP3 , joint stereo preferred. 112kbs is a good starting place for quality.
If you have any questions, ask them on this thread or the Dribblecast main thread and someone will get back to you!

Check out the Dribblecast and subscribe at dribblecast.org.

Mod note: This is a reconstruction after the original thread was accidentally deleted.
Last edited by tbaker2500 on Sun Aug 03, 2014 12:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Rearranged title and author order.

Algernon Sydney is Dead

Re: The Dribblecast Call to Action!

Postby Algernon Sydney is Dead » Sat Aug 02, 2014 11:54 pm

Here are the replies culled from the last Google cache. Sorry for any that are not listed. Please repost as needed.

Post by tbaker2500 » Wed Jun 18, 2014 3:45 am
Awesome! I love it. I'll have to pull out my mike again!

Post by ROU Killing Time » Sat Jun 21, 2014 7:17 pm
Yes, a thousand times yes on this awesome idea. I think it's a great way to recognize the efforts of the dribbler-squad and hopefully pull back more people into the forum fold.

Post by tbaker2500 » Wed Jun 25, 2014 4:32 am
Latest episode up at http://www.dribblecast.org!

swamp

Postby swamp » Tue Oct 07, 2014 6:49 pm

I think it is time to start doing more with Drbblecast again. I was so into it in the beginning and then I went off and started my own podcast. But I think I could probably get back in there and record a few drabbles.

strawman

Postby strawman » Tue Oct 07, 2014 7:42 pm

Yeah!
Never judge anyone until you have biopsied their brain.

"Be kind, for everyone is fighting a hard battle."
Known Some Call Is Air Am
Spoiler:
Non sum qualis eram = "I am not who I will be"

Evil Unicorns Anon

Postby Evil Unicorns Anon » Wed Nov 19, 2014 2:35 am

Any advice for a budding narrator? I've always wanted to get into narrating stories and it sounds like the dribblecast is a great place to start! Does anyone have suggestions for a good mike and preferred audio editing software?

Algernon Sydney is Dead

Postby Algernon Sydney is Dead » Wed Nov 19, 2014 5:00 am

Welcome aboard, Evil Unicorns Anon!

If you are a B-sides subscriber, Norm covers this in Bsides 40 and Bsides 41.

I'd say the most important thing is just pick a super-duper quiet spot and go for it.

Return to “Drabbles”