Business as Usual

100 word stories. Post all you like, maybe we'll dip in and use yours?
LajesticVantrashellofLob

Business as Usual

Post by LajesticVantrashellofLob » Sat Jul 18, 2009 1:00 pm

Solemnly, we set up the altar with a circle of candles and a pentagram painted in virgin blood, as usual.

We chanted the ancient incantation to open up a chasm to the netherworld, just like we always did.

A primal roar thundered from the altar, signifying the elder god Nihilistiklash’s return to the mortal world. His corporeal form emerged as sulfurous smoke and ungodly screams rose up from below.

“Well, looks like the gang’s all here,” I pointed out, shuffling the cards, “What’s your game Nihilistiklash? Texas Hold ‘Em?”

The ancient evil nodded his approval and I dealt.

As usual.
Philosophy is a game with objectives and no rules. Mathematics is a game with rules and no objectives.

You're always the hero in your own story - life is about not being the villain in anyone else's.

Phenopath

Re: Business as Usual

Post by Phenopath » Sat Jul 18, 2009 1:54 pm

LajesticVantrashellofLob wrote:Solemnly, we set up the altar with a circle of candles and a pentagram painted in virgin blood, as usual.
Chortle :)

strawman

Post by strawman » Sat Jul 18, 2009 2:19 pm

Virgin blood would be blood from a freshly opened can.
Never judge anyone until you have biopsied their brain.

"Be kind, for everyone is fighting a hard battle."
Known Some Call Is Air Am
Spoiler:
Non sum qualis eram = "I am not who I will be"

Mr. Tweedy

Post by Mr. Tweedy » Sat Jul 18, 2009 3:35 pm

Hmm...

You know, if you really could use virgin blood for such rituals, virgins could make bank selling their blood by the pint. It would be a great deterrent to teen pregnancy.
Advertise in this space!

LajesticVantrashellofLob

Post by LajesticVantrashellofLob » Sun Jul 19, 2009 12:14 pm

Mr. Tweedy wrote:Hmm...

You know, if you really could use virgin blood for such rituals, virgins could make bank selling their blood by the pint. It would be a great deterrent to teen pregnancy.
I can see somehow see a world like the one depicted in "Sleep Age" evolving from this idea...

As demonic rituals (whether to summon elder gods for Poker Night or to simply sacrifice bits of one's soul for fame and fortune) become more and more popular, virgin blood gets more and more expensive. Virgins suddenly find themselves the richest class of people in a rapidly degenerating society. Pregnancy rates drop and over time the population dwindles. In an effort to save the country, the US government begins to offer incentives for teens, hell, all virgins to have sex. These policies work (to some extent), but now that the economy is no longer inflated by all sorts of demonic pacts to keep stock prices high, the nation enters a recession. Suddenly the heavily Christian right starts to seem less and less like a minority and more and more like the sensible choice to combat "all the immorality and sin that has gripped the nation" (in the words of one of their leading anti-demon candidates)...

I think that the most drabble-y thing I've ever written :shock:... I need to go turn that into a full story...
Philosophy is a game with objectives and no rules. Mathematics is a game with rules and no objectives.

You're always the hero in your own story - life is about not being the villain in anyone else's.

strawman

Post by strawman » Sun Jul 19, 2009 1:23 pm

...starring the world's richest virgin, Paris Hilton.
Never judge anyone until you have biopsied their brain.

"Be kind, for everyone is fighting a hard battle."
Known Some Call Is Air Am
Spoiler:
Non sum qualis eram = "I am not who I will be"

tbaker2500
Site Admin

Post by tbaker2500 » Wed Jul 22, 2009 8:16 pm

Tweedy, you are on to something. That is probably to most effective incentive so far. I like it!
They'll make enough money to start affording cigarettes.
You're my quasi-ichthian angel, you're my half-amphibian queen...

The Dribblecast, we don't care if you sound like an idiot.