Magneto Checks Out (Superhero Stressers)

100 word stories. Post all you like, maybe we'll dip in and use yours?
Bejami

Magneto Checks Out (Superhero Stressers)

Post by Bejami » Wed Aug 13, 2014 9:57 pm

“That'll be $514.73,” the checkout attendant says. “You must be throwing a heck of a party.”

“It takes a lot to feed my army,” Magneto responds, pulling out six $100 bills.

The checker starts to laugh at what she assumes was a joke, until she sees the cash.

“Uhm, so we don't, I mean, I can't really.... that's a lot of cash! I'll have to get my manager.”

Magneto sighs, puts the cash back in his pocket, and pulls out a ten pound brick of lead. “There's a credit card in there. I'll give you the combination.”

bounceswoosh

Re: Magneto Checks Out (Superhero Stressers)

Post by bounceswoosh » Thu Aug 14, 2014 7:28 pm

Suspension of disbelief issue for me - I've spent that amount and more at Costco;they don't blink an eye, and they don't allow credit cards.

Bejami

Post by Bejami » Sat Aug 16, 2014 12:43 am

Problem solved?

bounceswoosh

Post by bounceswoosh » Sat Aug 16, 2014 1:35 am

Well .. I was more bugged by the credit card .. but it is your story, not mine! Perhaps in a universe where Magneto exists, Costco takes credit cards. Oooh or maybe he has a corporate account. I bet they use credit cards.

gunsofchekhovia

Post by gunsofchekhovia » Sat Aug 16, 2014 2:04 pm

Yeah, not really sure why $600 would be an issue when he's buying over $500 of stuff. But still a fun story.

uncre8d1

Post by uncre8d1 » Thu Aug 21, 2014 3:14 pm

I totally buy it (har). Cashiers aren't paid to be decision makers and often get in trouble for trying. One example of many: a certain Dairy Queen employee required managerial input to determine if she could, in fact, make a Cheesequake Blizzard with blueberries in place of the officially sanctioned strawberries.
This post is made of at least 60% recycled letters. Want to help keep the Internet clean? You can, by sweeping any excess letters you may find into the 'reply' box.

uncre8d1

Post by uncre8d1 » Thu Aug 21, 2014 3:18 pm

I'm wondering... if Magneto had sufficient fine control and pattern knowledge, couldn't he make a credit card out of items at hand?

"Maxed out? "
*picks up stapler, smashes flat*
"Here, try this one."
This post is made of at least 60% recycled letters. Want to help keep the Internet clean? You can, by sweeping any excess letters you may find into the 'reply' box.

Gligstith(click)optok

Post by Gligstith(click)optok » Sun Aug 24, 2014 5:21 am

That is brilliant! I envision a 7/11 at 2:00am. You can buy anything on credit but even a $50 bill will get you a dirty look.

The science works for me too. He manipulates metal with magnetic forces. That would be one hell of a Gaussian field! Well done.

Michael