Faux Pas

100 word stories. Post all you like, maybe we'll dip in and use yours?

Hit or Miss

Hit
No votes
Miss
No votes
You should be ashamed of yourself (counts as "Hit")
100%

Total votes: 1

ROU Killing Time
Notorious Forum Hog

Faux Pas

Post by ROU Killing Time » Mon Jul 27, 2009 2:31 pm

The people of Ceti Monarch IXXa had thrown off the shackles of the galactic overlord that ruled them with an iron fist, setting up a true democracy where no man would rule another.

They would live as Kings among Kings.

Each ones home would be his castle.

Sadly, they were unaware that cessations of signals from the overlord to the galactic hive would automatically trigger the dispatch of a Galactic Executioner.

Zorg the Destroyer spat derision at the rebellious throngs of humanity below as he released the planet-buster bomb from its bay.

“That will teach those Faux King peasants”

(edited to exorcise Mr.Strawman)

Mr. Tweedy

Post by Mr. Tweedy » Mon Jul 27, 2009 2:48 pm

:lol: Boo! Hiss! :lol:
Advertise in this space!

ROU Killing Time
Notorious Forum Hog

Post by ROU Killing Time » Mon Jul 27, 2009 5:26 pm

Mr. Tweedy wrote::lol: Boo! Hiss! :lol:
Thank you, Thank you...

/bows again

strawman

Post by strawman » Tue Jul 28, 2009 11:49 am

Hello ROU, this is Miss Grimsley here, your freshman English teacher. I have taken over Mr. Strawman's soul for a moment to point out to you that "Each one's home would be their castle" is the Freudian slip of a Faux King Communist. I will release Mr. Strawman as soon as you correct your "Miss-Possessive-Pronoun-ciation"! :twisted:
Never judge anyone until you have biopsied their brain.

"Be kind, for everyone is fighting a hard battle."
Known Some Call Is Air Am
Spoiler:
Non sum qualis eram = "I am not who I will be"

ROU Killing Time
Notorious Forum Hog

Post by ROU Killing Time » Tue Jul 28, 2009 1:42 pm

strawman wrote:Hello ROU, this is Miss Grimsley here, your freshman English teacher. I have taken over Mr. Strawman's soul for a moment to point out to you that "Each one's home would be their castle" is the Freudian slip of a Faux King Communist. I will release Mr. Strawman as soon as you correct your "Miss-Possessive-Pronoun-ciation"! :twisted:
I admit to a blind-spot on possesives, but I'm having trouble identifying the exact nature of where I went wrong and how it should have been phrased. Ah, think it's the singular/plural conflict, no?

"Each one's home would be his castle"

Still this puts the burden on the men in the society, but then again, it's usually the men that put their foot in it on a geo-political (galactic-political in this case) fashion.

strawman

Post by strawman » Tue Jul 28, 2009 5:52 pm

Ahhh...thank rou.
Yes, in today's Would-You-Rather game the rather stark gender choice is between geo-galactic foot in it vs. eating your baby's face. And toes!

Strawman must now invent time travel to go back several hours and erase this thread from his life. I hope it does not require becoming sub-quantum. My I/O devices are precious to me.
Never judge anyone until you have biopsied their brain.

"Be kind, for everyone is fighting a hard battle."
Known Some Call Is Air Am
Spoiler:
Non sum qualis eram = "I am not who I will be"

ROU Killing Time
Notorious Forum Hog

Post by ROU Killing Time » Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:20 pm

strawman wrote:Ahhh...thank rou.
Yes, in today's Would-You-Rather game the rather stark gender choice is between geo-galactic foot in it vs. eating your baby's face. And toes!

Strawman must now invent time travel to go back several hours and erase this thread from his life. I hope it does not require becoming sub-quantum. My I/O devices are precious to me.
Don't do/did it, Strawman. You'll just end/start out completely messing with yourself for the rest of your foreseeable/foreseen time-continuum. A swift kick in the I/O devices with a steel-toed boot is preferable to that.

Trust me.

ROU Killing Time
Notorious Forum Hog

Post by ROU Killing Time » Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:20 pm

strawman wrote:Ahhh...thank rou.

Don't do/did it, Strawman. You'll just end/start out completely messing with yourself for the rest of your foreseeable/foreseen time-continuum. A swift kick in the I/O devices with a steel-toed boot is preferable to that.

Trust me.

(see what I mean. local eddies in the time-stream from these sorts of shenanigan's causes/caused all sorts of mischief... This duplicate post, for instance...)