Everyone knows it’s your Parents : Conspiracy Theory Theme

100 word stories. Post all you like, maybe we'll dip in and use yours?
Post Reply
User avatar
MonsieurMoustache
Member
Posts: 334
Joined: Tue May 28, 2013 8:11 pm

Everyone knows it’s your Parents : Conspiracy Theory Theme

Post by MonsieurMoustache » Sat Sep 20, 2014 11:44 pm

Mom’s teeth are always falling out. When that happens she puts on her mad face. I’ll tell her it’s okay, my teeth fall out too. That cheers her up. She’ll ask me if any are loose. Sometimes I lie and say yes, because the toothfairy leaves money for a whole TWO candy bars!

Mom helps me get it out. Then we'll wash the blood off and stick it under my pillow.

But I’m not dumb like other kids. I know there’s no toothfairy and that it’s really just your parents.

Because next morning my mommy has a perfect smile again.


_________

A while back I did some drabbles focused on children's fantasy creature things. I never got around to the tooth fairy but I found this laying around and thought it good enough for that slot.

User avatar
Horrorshow
Member
Posts: 93
Joined: Fri Jul 25, 2014 12:23 pm
Location: The Red Rooster Bar, Townshend Street, Mirocaw
Contact:

Re: Everyone knows it’s your Parents : Conspiracy Theory The

Post by Horrorshow » Sun Sep 21, 2014 1:00 pm

Excellent drabble. Nice and dark.

User avatar
strawman
Member
Posts: 5966
Joined: Sat Oct 20, 2007 2:20 pm
Location: South Georgia

Re: Everyone knows it’s your Parents : Conspiracy Theory The

Post by strawman » Sun Sep 21, 2014 6:28 pm

My parents told me Charon took all the teeth to Hades on the tooth ferry...
Never judge anyone until you have biopsied their brain.

"Be kind, for everyone is fighting a hard battle."
Known Some Call Is Air Am
Spoiler:
Non sum qualis eram = "I am not who I will be"

User avatar
MonsieurMoustache
Member
Posts: 334
Joined: Tue May 28, 2013 8:11 pm

Re: Everyone knows it’s your Parents : Conspiracy Theory The

Post by MonsieurMoustache » Sun Sep 21, 2014 9:32 pm

strawman wrote:My parents told me Charon took all the teeth to Hades on the tooth ferry...

Pfff...nice. But I'm curious what the God of Death does with them. I challenge you to drabble that.

rentonj7
Member
Posts: 2
Joined: Sat Sep 20, 2014 9:44 pm

Re: Everyone knows it’s your Parents : Conspiracy Theory The

Post by rentonj7 » Mon Sep 22, 2014 5:18 pm

I like the circle. Nice.

User avatar
Penman Bland
Member
Posts: 46
Joined: Mon Aug 25, 2014 9:27 pm
Location: The Barren Wastes of (slightly western) south Canada
Contact:

Re: Everyone knows it’s your Parents : Conspiracy Theory The

Post by Penman Bland » Mon Sep 22, 2014 8:35 pm

It's an excellent light/dark ending. Souffle-like, even.

...and that's a darned tempting challenge. If only one had more free time.
Euphonious phony tsunami

User avatar
PB&Jellyphish320
Member
Posts: 77
Joined: Sun Aug 24, 2014 2:49 pm

Re: Everyone knows it’s your Parents : Conspiracy Theory The

Post by PB&Jellyphish320 » Tue Sep 23, 2014 4:15 am

Just got back from the dentist myself. So this one found a tender spot in my smile. Nice job.
~ What's that in the mirror, or the corner of your eyes. What's those footsteps following but never passing by . . .

~ The Doctor

User avatar
PB&Jellyphish320
Member
Posts: 77
Joined: Sun Aug 24, 2014 2:49 pm

Re: Everyone knows it’s your Parents : Conspiracy Theory The

Post by PB&Jellyphish320 » Tue Sep 23, 2014 4:17 am

MonsieurMoustache wrote:
strawman wrote:My parents told me Charon took all the teeth to Hades on the tooth ferry...

Pfff...nice. But I'm curious what the God of Death does with them. I challenge you to drabble that.

*this is me attempting to like this challenge - Facebook style :D
~ What's that in the mirror, or the corner of your eyes. What's those footsteps following but never passing by . . .

~ The Doctor

User avatar
MonsieurMoustache
Member
Posts: 334
Joined: Tue May 28, 2013 8:11 pm

Re: Everyone knows it’s your Parents : Conspiracy Theory The

Post by MonsieurMoustache » Tue Sep 23, 2014 6:07 am

PB&Jellyphish320 wrote:
MonsieurMoustache wrote:
strawman wrote:My parents told me Charon took all the teeth to Hades on the tooth ferry...

Pfff...nice. But I'm curious what the God of Death does with them. I challenge you to drabble that.

*this is me attempting to like this challenge - Facebook style :D
Sounds like time or no time, the gauntlet has been tossed! You've no choice but to pick it up now, Strawman.

User avatar
Chairman Goodchild
Member
Posts: 132
Joined: Mon Aug 25, 2014 2:01 pm

Re: Everyone knows it’s your Parents : Conspiracy Theory The

Post by Chairman Goodchild » Tue Sep 23, 2014 12:06 pm

Very nice story, hits the target quite well.

User avatar
strawman
Member
Posts: 5966
Joined: Sat Oct 20, 2007 2:20 pm
Location: South Georgia

Re: Everyone knows it’s your Parents : Conspiracy Theory The

Post by strawman » Wed Sep 24, 2014 12:44 am

“This won’t hurt very much. Just lie back and imagine you’re wherever you’d like to be”, said Dr. Charon, as he slipped the mask of Morpheus over my swollen face.
I tried to imagine the beach we washed up on before the scurvy made our teeth fall out.
I tried to imagine feasting on roasted boar once again, drinking flagons of wine, winning the hearts of women.
Too soon, Dr. Charon reappeared before me, and I found myself back in his office before a mirror. My gums were bloody and swollen from the implants: two rows of perfect, tiny teeth.
Never judge anyone until you have biopsied their brain.

"Be kind, for everyone is fighting a hard battle."
Known Some Call Is Air Am
Spoiler:
Non sum qualis eram = "I am not who I will be"

User avatar
MonsieurMoustache
Member
Posts: 334
Joined: Tue May 28, 2013 8:11 pm

Re: Everyone knows it’s your Parents : Conspiracy Theory The

Post by MonsieurMoustache » Wed Sep 24, 2014 3:15 am

strawman wrote:“This won’t hurt very much. Just lie back and imagine you’re wherever you’d like to be”, said Dr. Charon, as he slipped the mask of Morpheus over my swollen face.
I tried to imagine the beach we washed up on before the scurvy made our teeth fall out.
I tried to imagine feasting on roasted boar once again, drinking flagons of wine, winning the hearts of women.
Too soon, Dr. Charon reappeared before me, and I found myself back in his office before a mirror. My gums were bloody and swollen from the implants: two rows of perfect, tiny teeth.

Whoa...that was...that was amazingly creepy; I'll admit it, no drabble has scared me before now. No time to build atmosphere, I thought. But I'm afraid I was wrong, and that you now owe me a pair of pants. A round of applause, please!

Eheheheh...my teeth hurt...

User avatar
c_lucio
Member
Posts: 13
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2014 11:34 pm

Re: Everyone knows it’s your Parents : Conspiracy Theory The

Post by c_lucio » Wed Sep 24, 2014 8:30 am

Dentist stories also have one shoe already in the door when it comes to creeping us out.

or should I say, one drill already in the mouth?
-Caprizant Lucio

Post Reply