Page 1 of 1

Two on Teeth

Posted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 10:35 pm
by Penman Bland
"Everyone Knows it's Your Parents" begat "Eternal Gardens of Living Teeth" with a question about what's done with teeth made off with by supernatural personages. Within the latter, unseentangerine urged me to not abandon the challenge set out by the former. So you can all assign the blame for these two drabbles between us, as you see fit :wink:

* * *
Pearly Whites in the Stygian Night (the more whimsical one)

Working with his cousin, and since they wore the same uniform, people often mistook them for one another.

Comparing professional notes with a London waterman one day, an aside stuck with him which he mentioned to his girlfriend. She, a frequent business traveller, looked into the matter more directly, and realized it was an opportunity.

Travellers waiting by the river Styx were bemused to find the boat’s pilot wearing a black jacket absolutely covered with designs worked in children’s teeth . On the back, the little white rectangles spelled out CHARON.

The Fairy reasoned repurposing was as good as recycling.

* * *

Smooth Enamel Finish (the less whimsical one)

There was no voyage without the boat filled with passengers. The ferryman was tireless, inured to the effort and suited to the work. The dead had to cross, and those with the means could cross with him.

He was not unkind. Many of those in his care had ended their lives miserably. There was no need for them to suffer while aboard, physically or mentally. The boat shone white in the surrounding gloom. The planks and seats were tessellated, smooth and free of splinters.

He had little else to spend the fares on, and the Tooth Fairy always needed money.

Re: Two on Teeth

Posted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 2:49 am
by unseentangerine
Hey, I really liked the second one because the question, What would he do with teeth?, isn't as good as the real myth, what would he do with all the coins? He's not renting that boat, right? But most of all, the statement that the Tooth Fairy always needed money goads my mind into a whole other set of questions and speculations.

+5

Re: Two on Teeth

Posted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 3:21 am
by strawman
unseentangerine wrote:But most of all, the statement that the Tooth Fairy always needed money goads my mind into a whole other set of questions and speculations.
+5
The tooth fairy is a crack ho.

Re: Two on Teeth

Posted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 6:14 am
by unseentangerine
strawman wrote:
unseentangerine wrote:But most of all, the statement that the Tooth Fairy always needed money goads my mind into a whole other set of questions and speculations.
+5
The tooth fairy is a crack ho.

gotta pay for the pixie stix somehow :mrgreen:

Re: Two on Teeth

Posted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 1:07 pm
by SpareInch
Penman Bland wrote:Travellers waiting by the river Styx were bemused to find the boat’s pilot wearing a black jacket absolutely covered with designs worked in children’s teeth . On the back, the little white rectangles spelled out CHARON.

I won't ask, because I KNOW you're referring to The Pearly Kings And Queens here. But I do wonder if Charon is fully into the whole Pearly Kings culture. Does he raise money for good causes? and if so, which ones?

Re: Two on Teeth

Posted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 1:28 pm
by pondspider
We are not worthy! We are not worthy! We are not worthy!

As Fancy-Fancy once said, "B-e-a-u-t-i-f-u-l".
Image

Re: Two on Teeth

Posted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 6:38 pm
by MonsieurMoustache
Whahahah, more fantastic looks at this bizarre mythology we've created. I love it all.