The New Adventures of Chance and Probability Bob

100 word stories. Post all you like, maybe we'll dip in and use yours?
unseentangerine

The New Adventures of Chance and Probability Bob

Post by unseentangerine » Thu Oct 16, 2014 3:06 am

Chance and Bob loved to play in Flashlight Forest.
“Herp,” said Chance.
“Derp,” agreed Bob.
So off they went. Chance teetered and Bob loped.
In the forest, they happened upon are pair of antlers! Bob took one and lowered his head, Chance did the same. But before they could paw the ground and have at it, they heard a cry!
“Help help!”
It was coming from near a large spruce. When they found the trouble, a bull elk said, “I've lost my antlers!”
It was of course an evil mountain elk and it ate Chance and Bob.

Author's note:
I wanted to write a drabble like one I would want to read. Even though I wrote it, it gives me a laugh that comes from my core. I hope you are not disappointed either.
Many on the forum have asked me, so here's my answer: a spoonful of lighter fluid. And you'll need to wash it out really well when you're done.

PB&Jellyphish320

Re: The New Adventures of Chance and Probability Bob

Post by PB&Jellyphish320 » Wed Oct 29, 2014 1:38 pm

I feel like Bob and Chance are also some kind of animal. Am I wrong?
~ What's that in the mirror, or the corner of your eyes. What's those footsteps following but never passing by . . .

~ The Doctor

unseentangerine

Post by unseentangerine » Thu Oct 30, 2014 2:45 am

PB&Jellyphish320 wrote:I feel like Bob and Chance are also some kind of animal. Am I wrong?
yes
Many on the forum have asked me, so here's my answer: a spoonful of lighter fluid. And you'll need to wash it out really well when you're done.

MonsieurMoustache

Post by MonsieurMoustache » Fri Oct 31, 2014 1:06 am

I can't entirely put my finger on it, but I this is instantly one of my fave drabbles. It just kept surprising me until the very end. It also helped that I read it in my sarcastic old British man inner voice. Really fun. If I could make one suggestion, could you put your comments underneath the Drabble, maybe under a line and in italics, so it's not the first thing we read? I stared reading it as part of the Drabble and it was a bit confusing. Also the information in it coloured my reading. I'd rather just have the great Drabble you made up front.

unseentangerine

Post by unseentangerine » Fri Oct 31, 2014 6:12 am

MonsieurMoustache wrote:I can't entirely put my finger on it, but I this is instantly one of my fave drabbles. It just kept surprising me until the very end. It also helped that I read it in my sarcastic old British man inner voice. Really fun. If I could make one suggestion, could you put your comments underneath the Drabble, maybe under a line and in italics, so it's not the first thing we read? I stared reading it as part of the Drabble and it was a bit confusing. Also the information in it coloured my reading. I'd rather just have the great Drabble you made up front.
that truly surprised me that you like it. I actually felt a little trepidacious posting it because it makes so little sense. well, this sounds like the first episode of a series?

Penman Bland
Location: The Barren Wastes of (slightly western) south Canada

Post by Penman Bland » Fri Oct 31, 2014 5:13 pm

I had in my head one of the more madcap Playstation games, like Abe's Oddysee. No core-laugh for me, but smiles galore.
Euphonious phony tsunami

unseentangerine

Post by unseentangerine » Fri Oct 31, 2014 7:30 pm

Penman Bland wrote:I had in my head one of the more madcap Playstation games, like Abe's Oddysee. No core-laugh for me, but smiles galore.
great, now I'm all nostalgic. I was already thinking about pokemon red and blue because, to my horror, I realized my brother has never actually played pokemon. Abe's Oddysee? Never actually got to play it, but it takes me back to a special, awkward time . . . I'm going to go blow on a few cartridges . . .

MonsieurMoustache

Post by MonsieurMoustache » Sun Nov 02, 2014 4:34 am

unseentangerine wrote:
MonsieurMoustache wrote:I can't entirely put my finger on it, but I this is instantly one of my fave drabbles. It just kept surprising me until the very end. It also helped that I read it in my sarcastic old British man inner voice. Really fun. If I could make one suggestion, could you put your comments underneath the Drabble, maybe under a line and in italics, so it's not the first thing we read? I stared reading it as part of the Drabble and it was a bit confusing. Also the information in it coloured my reading. I'd rather just have the great Drabble you made up front.
that truly surprised me that you like it. I actually felt a little trepidacious posting it because it makes so little sense. well, this sounds like the first episode of a series?

I think the reason I liked it so much was that I was so surprised, which lead to amusement. Not a lot else like it that I've seen here, either. If you can keep up the surprising, then I'd encourage it. I'll be expecting the unexpected next time, so let's see how you get me.