Last Thoughts

100 word stories. Post all you like, maybe we'll dip in and use yours?
metalcapatiller

Last Thoughts

Post by metalcapatiller » Tue Nov 04, 2014 1:30 am

Susan didn’t like the way that the man in the cupcake thong was staring at her. His dead eyes never blinking as he watched her through the thick glass.

“It wouldn’t be so bad,” she said to no one in particular, “except every now and then he licks his lips.”

As if on cue, he ran his dry tongue over his dry lips, which did nothing to improve their already gray-green color.

She imagined the last horrific thought this flabby man must have had when he was finally attacked by the zombies.

”Oh god, why couldn’t I have been wearing sweatpants. “
CAPITAL letters are always the best way of dealing with things you don't have an answer to - Douglas Adams

Why is it that whenever I get "It's a Small World" stuck in my head, I need to sing it loudly and off-key?

unseentangerine

Re: Last Thoughts

Post by unseentangerine » Tue Nov 04, 2014 2:31 am

OK, first of all, metalcapitiller is one epic name. (I'd say even beating out Bitey the Snake.) Second, "Susan didn’t like the way that the man in the cupcake thong was staring at her." is one epic opening sentence. Third, this is one whole epic drabble. Nice job. :mrgreen:
Many on the forum have asked me, so here's my answer: a spoonful of lighter fluid. And you'll need to wash it out really well when you're done.

unreliable narrator

Post by unreliable narrator » Tue Nov 04, 2014 2:26 pm

Burrrilliant! From attention grabbing first line to grin inducing last. Very well written. :lol:
"We shall see that at which dogs howl in the dark, and that at which cats prick up their ears after midnight."
HP Lovecraft

pondspider

Post by pondspider » Tue Nov 04, 2014 10:55 pm

A lesson to us all.

metalcapatiller

Post by metalcapatiller » Wed Nov 05, 2014 3:14 am

I made my friends read this and they either backed away slowly or threatened to punch me... I thought it was hilarious. Thank you for enjoying the story and proving I'm not the only "weird" one out there
CAPITAL letters are always the best way of dealing with things you don't have an answer to - Douglas Adams

Why is it that whenever I get "It's a Small World" stuck in my head, I need to sing it loudly and off-key?

pondspider

Post by pondspider » Wed Nov 05, 2014 9:04 am

metalcapatiller wrote:I made my friends read this and they either backed away slowly or threatened to punch me... I thought it was hilarious. Thank you for enjoying the story and proving I'm not the only "weird" one out there
Have you tried exposing your friends to a Drabblecast podcast? They might have a change of heart... now there's an idea :twisted:

Chairman Goodchild

Post by Chairman Goodchild » Wed Nov 05, 2014 11:23 am

metalcapatiller wrote:I made my friends read this and they either backed away slowly or threatened to punch me... I thought it was hilarious. Thank you for enjoying the story and proving I'm not the only "weird" one out there
You are on the right forum, my friend. And that is a pretty kick-ass Drabble.