Making a Cryogenic Omelet

100 word stories. Post all you like, maybe we'll dip in and use yours?
AbbawithanI

Making a Cryogenic Omelet

Postby AbbawithanI » Sat Nov 08, 2014 2:11 am

He does mice first, then cats, dogs, and horses. Machines whirr. Cold stills their hearts. Under blue light, all things are beautiful. Futuristic.

The UV lamps that wake them are not. An ugly fluorescent orange that reminds him of C-list movie stars and tanning beds.

The scientist graduates to human trials. They call him Medusa, this man at the forefront of cryogenics, who makes statues out of living stone.

Later, after the bodies, after the corpses in white medical beds, they call him worse things. A court-ordered needle bites flesh with serpents’ teeth. The Gorgon’s frozen. Betrayed by its own.

unseentangerine

Re: Making a Cryogenic Omelet

Postby unseentangerine » Sat Nov 08, 2014 5:27 am

You make quite the good narrative, a lot of story in a drabble, I think. And your profile picture looks like a King Crimson album cover, 3 stars
Many on the forum have asked me, so here's my answer: a spoonful of lighter fluid. And you'll need to wash it out really well when you're done.

PB&Jellyphish320

Re: Making a Cryogenic Omelet

Postby PB&Jellyphish320 » Mon Nov 10, 2014 12:16 am

NIce! I remember an esp of some morbid cop show that had a killer kinda like this . . . . But this is hella unique. I bet your friends worry about you. LOL>
~ What's that in the mirror, or the corner of your eyes. What's those footsteps following but never passing by . . .

~ The Doctor

Return to “Drabbles”