Whiskey

100 word stories. Post all you like, maybe we'll dip in and use yours?
Chivalrybean

Whiskey

Post by Chivalrybean » Sat Aug 01, 2009 9:59 pm

You don't need whiskey to drink away sorrows if you can't remember them. I have a hard time remembering. I wish I could drink to remember, because I have many more good memories than sorrows. My memories are fading. I'm doing my best to keep it from slowing me down as it slowly erodes my memory. I'll keep going, but it terrifies me to forget. I would rather have a cancer eating away my body before having my mind stripped away. I'll live like I'm about to die, even though Alzheimer's might take all that I've done before the end.

Mr. Tweedy

Post by Mr. Tweedy » Sat Aug 01, 2009 11:12 pm

:)

:?

:(

:cry:
Advertise in this space!

LajesticVantrashellofLob

Post by LajesticVantrashellofLob » Sun Aug 02, 2009 12:13 am

Mr. Tweedy wrote::)

That was pretty much my reaction as well... Any drabble that can wrench such emotion is such short a time is a good one, methinks.
Philosophy is a game with objectives and no rules. Mathematics is a game with rules and no objectives.

You're always the hero in your own story - life is about not being the villain in anyone else's.

Chivalrybean

Post by Chivalrybean » Sun Aug 02, 2009 12:48 am

LajesticVantrashellofLob wrote:
Mr. Tweedy wrote::)

That was pretty much my reaction as well... Any drabble that can wrench such emotion is such short a time is a good one, methinks.
:D

ROU Killing Time
Notorious Forum Hog

Post by ROU Killing Time » Sun Aug 02, 2009 5:26 am

That was like taking the last half of "Flowers for Algernon" mixing it in a blender, placing it in a centrifuge and extracting the essence into 100 words then injecting the tincture intravenously.