The stray leaves on his own terms

100 word stories. Post all you like, maybe we'll dip in and use yours?
artarys

The stray leaves on his own terms

Post by artarys » Fri Mar 20, 2015 9:14 am

I've gotta leave, maybe tonight. I keep getting weaker and soon I won't be able to.

It's gonna hurt them, especially the little one, but I can't let them see me leave this family the same as I came in, some skeletal beggar.

At the same time, I can't relay how I feel. I can't communicate this deep burning, eating me up inside. I can't tell them how I drink deeply and stay parched.

I know, somehow, I'll live on in the little one. I know she'll remember me twenty years on as a healthy tom, not some sickly stray.

unseentangerine

Re: The stray leaves on his own terms

Post by unseentangerine » Fri Mar 20, 2015 12:59 pm

a stray cat we adopted just disappeared for about six months. we thought he was an x cat. one night I hear a Mrow and he jumped through my open bedroom window, all ski a bones. it was a emotional roller coaster.
Many on the forum have asked me, so here's my answer: a spoonful of lighter fluid. And you'll need to wash it out really well when you're done.

artarys

Post by artarys » Sun Mar 22, 2015 11:08 am

You can't help but wonder what it was doing, right? A couple years ago my cat didn't come home for a few days and I was an emotional wreck. I had a group of friends that treated this cat as a goddess (as she rightly deserves), and we were all mentally halfway to planning her tribute/wake and she just sauntered up to the door, gave me a pissy look, walked right in and passed out on my bed for hours.

Some people claim that we anthropomorphize cats too much, but I stand by my belief that there are levels of complexity going on inside the feline brain that can't be processed by mere humans.

miniscreams

Post by miniscreams » Wed Apr 01, 2015 1:03 am

My cat did this to us... left for a few months when she was too sick to be around the little ones. Came back the day she died. Good story artarys!
"You're on earth. There's no cure for that." ~Samuel Beckett