BSides 15 - In Search of the Brain-Eating Nandi Bear

Discuss episodes from Drabblecast’s alternative feed.
StalinSays
Beast-Master

BSides 15 - In Search of the Brain-Eating Nandi Bear

Postby StalinSays » Wed Oct 26, 2011 6:48 am

Feature: In Search of the Brain-Eating Nandi Bear (The Complete Saga) by Norm Sherman and Adam Carvin

Tuesday, October 25, 2011
“The Nandi…a magical bear…a brain-eating bear…”

The collected episodic segments of Norm Sherman's madcap serial cryptozoology adventure.

Read by: Norm Sherman and Mike Boris

Art by Bo Kaier
Instagram: @Bokaier | Twitter: @BoKaier | Vine: @BoKaier | Tumblr: bokaier.tumblr.com

tbaker2500
Site Admin

Re: BSides 15 - In Search of the Brain-Eating Nandi Bear

Postby tbaker2500 » Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:12 pm

Fargin hilarious. Great series!
Artwork- Bo, you nailed the drawing of Tainthammer. Just perfect. And Choadsworth too, of course.

I have to admit I got more of the jokes this time through.
You're my quasi-ichthian angel, you're my half-amphibian queen...

The Dribblecast, we don't care if you sound like an idiot.

alaskancritter

Postby alaskancritter » Sat Nov 05, 2011 11:56 am

For most of my life I have never regretted smoking sooo much weed. Until I listened to this on headphones. To say I had to keep it together an not try to loose my shit is an understatement.Thanks Norm, I think.

tbaker2500
Site Admin

Postby tbaker2500 » Sat Nov 05, 2011 3:56 pm

Hee hee.. :D

lady lemonbalm

Postby lady lemonbalm » Mon Nov 07, 2011 11:23 pm

i have to tell you that when i discovered the drabblecast (hokaido green) and subsequently heard my first snipple snap of chodesworth i was hooked. I have since listened through almost all of the back episodes and feel pleased and delighted to have added it to my life. thank you thank you. national geographic boobs made my laugh hysterically in the garden. which is where i work.

Algernon Sydney is Dead

Postby Algernon Sydney is Dead » Tue Nov 08, 2011 10:26 am

lady lemonbalm wrote:national geographic boobs made my laugh hysterically in the garden. which is where i work.

Ah, so you can give Norm official permission to use the fun National Geographic theme.?. :)

Welcome to the forums!

tbaker2500
Site Admin

Postby tbaker2500 » Tue Nov 08, 2011 4:07 pm

See, I interpreted it as the garden is where she worked. Hey, where's Ms. Grimsley when you need her?

lady lemonbalm

Postby lady lemonbalm » Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:21 pm

Thanks for the welcome. sadly i have no truck with the national geographic peoples. I do, however, have a nice connection with their boobs.

lady lemonbalm

Postby lady lemonbalm » Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:21 pm

and bugs.

Richmazzer

Postby Richmazzer » Sat Nov 12, 2011 7:53 pm

Love that artwork!
This saga was just,... WOW. Aside from having seriously some of the funniest most clever quips ever to come from Norm's "weird-ass" mind, the story was actually quite good too! I have to admit listening to the whole thing unabridged that things made a lot more sense. This was a good bit more complex than Mongolian Deathworm, but in a good way (which by the way, I went back and listened to deathworm and it's funny to hear Connor's accent and character evolve. He sounds totally different at the start of deathworm.)

I was a big fan of Lost until the final couple seasons, when things really did get convoluted. I appreciated all the parallels and references to that... as crazy as a snarfing cheshire cat Smoke Middler sounds, it's only marginally more bizarre than the whole Man in Black/Locke reveal. :roll:

Not since Connor and Chris Hanson lowered heather the camel intestine lolita into Bono's gaping worm-hole have I laughed as hard as in the conclusion to nandi bears. Did not see the mad-cow disease twist coming. That reminds me, I thought Mike Boris was really great in playing Tainthammer. Well done all, looking forward to the next expedition!

Some of my favorite lines:
CC: My colleagues call me preposterous... but I assure them, I'm ready. I'm finally posterous, bitches.

Tainthammer: Choadsworth, that's beyond preposterous. It's practically paleo-posterous!

CC: Well I know it's a vagina, don't you think I've seen pictures?? But what's it doing between that woman's legs is what I want to know!

Choadsworth: And just like their distant cousins, the honeybadger...and Alan Iverson... bears have been known to travel extraordinary distances.

CC: Did it ever cross my mind that I'd come all this way, traveled all these hundreds of Iver-stroms for nothing, for naught, for narry?

CC: Corn-nuts. Corn or nut? Tasty snack, or appalling medical condition?

CC: Sometimes you just have to reach down and take the bull by the balls in order to realize it was the horns you wanted... you really should have taken it by the horns. Thankfully, there are such things as second chances.

Tainthammer: You couldn't find a wing-man in a bar full of fatties.
Choadsworth: Of course not, Wingmen roost in caves. What I needed was a cave full of fatties.

CC: There was a time when I thought that same thing about #2 pencils. I mean, why would anyone use those? Get...poo finger...

It's like a hyena, but bigger. About the size of a lion, or lion-sized hyena.

Usually whenever life hands you melons, you wonder if you have dyslexia...

They hang low like the pants on a gangster, sagging like a pair of panty hose filled with suffocating hamsters.

"I" before "E" unless after "C" asshole! And before "O" ....if... McDonald has a farm.

Follow your gut, it always turns out to be an asshole in the end.

tbaker2500
Site Admin

Postby tbaker2500 » Sat Nov 12, 2011 10:52 pm

Ah yes, those are some classic quotes. Really good stuff.

I also agree, it makes more sense listened to all in one go.

TimoBretten

Postby TimoBretten » Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:41 pm

When I listened to that one, I wasn't new to the Drabblecast anymore. It still gave me a moment of "wut the f*ck?!?".
Seriously, this one was beyond the usual strangeness. Über-strange!
Since I was in the same state of mind as alaskancritter, I found the repetitons very helpful ;)
I am really looking forward to another cryptozoology adventure!

Unblinking

Postby Unblinking » Mon Mar 26, 2012 5:29 pm

Richmazzer wrote:Love that artwork!
CC: Well I know it's a vagina, don't you think I've seen pictures?? But what's it doing between that woman's legs is what I want to know!

I absolutely love this line.

For some reason I generally don't like Choadsworth though. I really don't understand why. I love Norm's weird imagination and sense of humor, and I generally like the sort of thing these stories seem like they're trying to be. But for some reason I just don't like them. Humor can be like that, I guess!

Return to “Story Discussion - B Sides”