Bsides 22 – The Eyes Have It

Discuss episodes from Drabblecast’s alternative feed.
Algernon Sydney is Dead

Bsides 22 – The Eyes Have It

Postby Algernon Sydney is Dead » Sun Jun 02, 2013 4:03 am

Feature: The Eyes Have It by Philip K. Dick
Genres: Fantasy Sci-Fi

Saturday, June 1st, 2013
It was quite by accident I discovered this incredible invasion of Earth by lifeforms from another planet. As yet, I haven’t done anything about it; I can’t think of anything to do. I wrote to the Government, and they sent back a pamphlet on the repair and maintenance of frame houses. Anyhow, the whole thing is known; I’m not the first to discover it. Maybe it’s even under control…

Episode Art: Greg Cravens
More Greg Cravens: gocomics.com/thebuckets, moreontvcomics.com, gocomics.com/hubris, cravenscartoon.com

tbaker2500
Site Admin

Re: Bsides 22 – The Eyes Have It

Postby tbaker2500 » Mon Jun 10, 2013 2:43 am

Ha! This story aligns so perfectly with Norm's sense of humor, it's hard to believe that he didn't write it. I enjoyed it, and I'm glad to have the b-sides to play pure fluff like this and not get tons of criticism.
You're my quasi-ichthian angel, you're my half-amphibian queen...

The Dribblecast, we don't care if you sound like an idiot.

Algernon Sydney is Dead

Re: Bsides 22 – The Eyes Have It

Postby Algernon Sydney is Dead » Wed Sep 18, 2013 12:03 am

I can appreciate an extended riff on muddied anatomical metaphors... My ears and typing-fingers burned. ;)

I had trouble listening to this, though. Fell asleep twice while hearing it and didn't dare play it and drive. I think Norm's "Acting" voice was more pronounced. It was all deep tones and steady, measured cadence. I know Norm can do a more natural voice and a more "preacher-like" delivery.

Still, it's fun to hear/read a jag by like-minded farceurs, and I don't remember reading this Dick story before.

Fun idea: Bedtime audio recordings for children -- about unholy, non-Euclidean nightmares... But told in soothing, steady tones.

Return to “Story Discussion - B Sides”