Bsides 31 – The Black and White Animals Trilogy

Discuss episodes from Drabblecast’s alternative feed.
Algernon Sydney is Dead

Bsides 31 – The Black and White Animals Trilogy

Postby Algernon Sydney is Dead » Thu Oct 24, 2013 3:44 am

Feature: The Black and White Animals Trilogy by Norm Sherman, Kendall Marchman, Luke Coddington
Genres: Comedy Fantasy Horror Sci-Fi

Wednesday, October 23rd, 2013
The complete Black and White Animals Trilogy, uncut. Written by Kendall Marchman, Luke Coddington and Norm Sherman, produced by Norm Sherman. Originally appeared as episodes 11, 22, and 24… Part 1: Secret Weapons, Part 2: Vengeful Hearts and Part 3: Chromatic Conclusions.

Episode Art: Bo Kaier

strawman

Re: Bsides 31 – The Black and White Animals Trilogy

Postby strawman » Thu Oct 24, 2013 2:50 pm

Fantastic addition to B-Sides. This trilogy was one of the benchmarks that convinced me the Drabblecast was a thing totally unlike anything else in the world. Imagine if Stephen King had written Winnie the Pooh, performed by Firesign Theater.
Luke and Kendall will graduate and go on to respectable jobs in the real world, their potential high level political careers forestalled by the fact they outed themselves as patrisexuals, and used their real names. (Google is irreversible.)
Before there were Seal Team 6, there was Velasquez, first recipient of the Drabblecast Medal of Honor.

Of separate note, Trey Jackson, winner of the Drabblecast Haiku poetry contest received, as his prize, having his name immortalized as the Evil Janitor, Emperor Mersatz' Champion. (Imagine if George Lucas had named Darth Vader after the winner of a poetry contest. How cool would that have been?)

Shirts, coats, bowie knife
Slit of light, peering, waiting
When will you get home?

Yes, folks, this trilogy will one day be analyzed and parsed by academics in pursuit of PhD's in DC Studies.
Why not be one of the first in the field?
Never judge anyone until you have biopsied their brain.

"Be kind, for everyone is fighting a hard battle."
Known Some Call Is Air Am
Spoiler:
Non sum qualis eram = "I am not who I will be"

Lone Mopper

Postby Lone Mopper » Sun Oct 27, 2013 9:27 am

I forgot how great these stories were, I need to go back and listen to some of the older stuff again.
The Lone Mopper
"Wash your hands and quit eating in the bathroom"

http://www.lk-clean.com
http://www.cleanpeers.com
http://www.lonemopper.com

tbaker2500
Site Admin

Postby tbaker2500 » Sun Oct 27, 2013 3:49 pm

strawman wrote:Shirts, coats, bowie knife
Slit of light, peering, waiting
When will you get home?

Ah, I loved that one!

I had forgotten that the name Connor Choasdworth first made it's appearance here. I'm glad Norm re-used it for something more.

"Put the boulda down, Harry."
You're my quasi-ichthian angel, you're my half-amphibian queen...

The Dribblecast, we don't care if you sound like an idiot.

Richmazzer

Postby Richmazzer » Wed Nov 20, 2013 6:02 am

It was great hearing this again. I remember it vaguely from the episode archives but hearing it unabridged and in full again really made a difference. It's the kind of story you drive around the block an extra few times for because you aren't quite finished listening to it. It's so absurd and hilarious, and in the end treated so seriously. Bsides has been totally worth it since signing up because of gems like this mixed with great original stuff.

El Barto

Postby El Barto » Thu Feb 20, 2014 4:25 am

This trilogy was all kinds of awesome. I don't remember ever having heard it before -- it must have been before I got hooked on the Drabblecast. It was great hearing "Young Norm" and realizing how much energy the team has put into production values over the years. Great reading and accents too and a fantastically weird story to boot.

Return to “Story Discussion - B Sides”